Connexion's teams and miscellaneous miniature painting

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Connexion's teams and miscellaneous miniature painting

Post by connexion »

A quickie from last week...

The Creature from the Black Lagoon, a Paul Muller sculpt for Four A Miniatures. Total painting time: 2 & 1/2 hours (plus a few drying times here and there). Mostly washes work.

Currently stumped with my entry for the Heresy PAL (mostly due to lack of time) and with my Chaos Dwarfs BB team (due to lack of time and patience).

Cheers!

Project list for 2016:
- Heresy Witch by Paul Muller [primed and a couple of skin layers]
- Orc From Bilbao black orc coach [50%]
- Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl team [painted: bull centaur and hobgoblin star players, 6 hobgoblins, 2 bull centaurs, female chaos dwarf; to paint: 6 chaos dwarfs @ 50%, minotaur, coach]
- RoC Slaanesh warband [assembled]
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [50%; 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger: painted; to paint: 1 Djinni, 1 Illusionist, 1 Mummy Lord]
- Converted Eldar riding Cold One [20%]
- Dark Eldar Archon on hoverboard [10%]
- Lord Skrolk [stripped]

2016 concluded projects:
- the Creature (4A Minis)
- Grom the Fat-Belly, grot warlord of the 41st millenium by Kev Adams for Space Raiders II
- Grommit Firestarter, goblin Pyromancer (4A Minis goblin shaman painted like Bragrian from Lichemaster on scratchbuilt 50mm vignette)
- Citatel Night Horrors Medusa
- Willy Miniatures Hungry Troll
- Goblin Guild goblin referee
- Citadel classic vintage Jerry Cornelius by Jes Goodwin
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #1 (1 satyr, 1 owlbear, 1 werewolf, 1 sylph, 1 wraith, 1 treant, 3 harpies, 8 wolves)
- Citadel classic/vintage Dark Elf wizard on foot
- Kermit's Komets, Slann team (markers & display tray finishing touches)
- Citadel classic Dark Elf wizard on Cold One
- Female dwarf team (6 blockers)
- Galactic Bastard limited edition mini
- Citadel classic/vintage Elric of Imrryr miniature by Jes Goodwin
- Hasslefree Pirate "Patrice"
- Orc From Bilbao BB referee "Joker"
- Citadel classic/vintage Corum Jhaelen Irsei miniature by Jes Goodwin (this was my December "vignette" display project)[/quote]

Reason: ''
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Had a feeling that my "wild" warband for OFS was missing 'something' and that 'something' could well be a centaur armed with a bow:

The wilderness warband is now definitely closed. :mrgreen:

It is also time to realize that I will not finish the project list that I set out to for 2016. With quite a few deviations along the year it was to be expected that some projects would fall to the wayside. Most will be moved to 2017 but some may be dropped from the queue to be picked up if fancy strikes me rather than as an "obligation". :beardy:

Project list for 2016:
- Heresy Minor Fallen One by Andy Foster [75% done]
- Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl team [painted: bull centaur and hobgoblin star players, 6 hobgoblins, 2 bull centaurs, female chaos dwarf; to paint: 6 chaos dwarfs @ 50%, minotaur, coach]
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [50%; 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger: painted; to paint: 1 Djinni, 1 Illusionist, 1 Mummy Lord]
- Lord Skrolk [stripped]

2016 concluded projects:
- Grom the Fat-Belly, grot warlord of the 41st millenium by Kev Adams for Space Raiders II
- Grommit Firestarter, goblin Pyromancer (4A Minis goblin shaman painted like Bragrian from Lichemaster on scratchbuilt 50mm vignette)
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #1 (1 satyr, 1 owlbear, 1 werewolf, 1 sylph, 1 wraith, 1 treant, 3 harpies, 8 wolves, 1 centaur)
- Citadel classic/vintage Corum Jhaelen Irsei miniature by Jes Goodwin (this was my December "vignette" display project)

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

The latest achievements:

Otherworld Djinn for my secong OFS warband (see project list below). Pretty much finished, except for basing but that is something I'll do once I have the whole warband painted up.

And just wrapped up my entry for the December 2016 PAL: Heresy showcase, a Minor Fallen One sculpted by Andy Foster:

:cuss: satin varnish fogged up and tried to correct with gloss. 'nuff said. Oh, well, it looks like he's sweating, I suppose...

My "project list for 2016" is pretty much a toss at this moment. The only miniature I am sure of finishing at the moment is the Mummy Lord for the OFS warband #2 and, with some luck, either the Heresy Witch or the Black Orc Coach (big if...).

Project list for 2016:
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [75%; 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger, 1 Djinni: painted; painting: 1 Mummy Lord; to paint: 1 Illusionist]
- Lord Skrolk [stripped]

2016 concluded projects:
- Heresy Minor Fallen One by Andy Foster
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #1 (1 satyr, 1 owlbear, 1 werewolf, 1 sylph, 1 wraith, 1 treant, 3 harpies, 8 wolves, 1 centaur)
- Citadel classic/vintage Corum Jhaelen Irsei miniature by Jes Goodwin (this was my December "vignette" display project)[/quote]

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Won't be able to finish my last miniature for the year so the final model count for 2016 is 56 models (adding completed projects and models completed in wip projects), ever so slightly above one weekly model. Not bad. :)

Unfortunately, due to Real Life priorities, I doubt I will be able to start any serious painting before late January...

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Late January, early February and not much got done (sort of). This is where I am now, painting-wise...

The Mummy Lord from Otherworld miniatures is the second-to-last piece for my Otheworld Warband #2. To be honest, I had this piece halfway done in December (was to be my Deadcember miniature). There's only one piece and basing to go to wrap up Warband #2 and, then, I hope to start work on Warband #3.

Over Christmas I did the unthinkable and bought Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower and all the expansions (that's Mighty Heroes and Arcane Heroes). Still haven't had the chance for a single game but there's a pile of plastic waiting to be painted. And it will be painted, despite me hating painting plastics. Because I want to play the goddamned game with a minimum of style. So, with a couple of exceptions (for miniatures that I think are truly exceptional like Mistweaver, Gaunt Summoner and the Shard) I am painting this stuff as fast as I can with a "speed-painting minimum effort for maximum results" mindset. I hope to be able to work on this stuff (and get it over and done with quickly, for a change) while I tackle other more "deserving" (i.e., metal) stuff.

So far, this is what I have finished:

The Knight Heraldor
(clipped the trumpet)

Knight Questor

Grot Scutlings
(block colours, a few highlights, pick some details, wash sepia, paint bases, done)

Project List for 2017
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [85%; painted: 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger, 1 Djinni, 1 Mummy Lord; to paint: 1 Illusionist]
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #3 [drow sorceress, myconid king, 5 myconids, centipedes, giant scorpion, 3 duergar, 4 troglodytes]
- Chaos Dwarf Arse Cannon by John Pickford
- Pantheon of Chaos Wave 1. All of it.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Nice paint jobs, congrats!
The little details on the bases look cool.

I can see some potential in those grot sculpts to convert into bloodbowl minis.
Are they mono-pose, or do they come on more than one piece?

Cheers,
A.

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Two-piece kits. Left side + right side, 3 variants of each iirc. Head is part of one of the sides.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Thanks!
Two halves sound easier to deal in order to snip weapons and re-position parts.

Cheers,
A.

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

One more chapter of the WQ:ST saga concluded: the Horrors set.

Onwards to the Acolytes! :beer:

Project List for 2017
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [85%; painted: 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger, 1 Djinni, 1 Mummy Lord; to paint: 1 Illusionist]
- Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower [painted: 2 heroes, 8 grot scutlings, 10 horrors; to paint: everything else]
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #3 [drow sorceress, myconid king, 5 myconids, centipedes, giant scorpion, 3 duergar, 4 troglodytes]

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Small detour from the currently WIP Kairic Acolytes, the Ogroid Thaumaturge.

I'm calling him "mister negative" after painting him in dark colours and then washing/glazing him with VGC Glacier Blue.

Project List for 2017
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [85%; painted: 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger, 1 Djinni, 1 Mummy Lord; painting: 1 Illusionist @ 2%]
- Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower [painted: 2 heroes, 8 grot scutlings, 10 horrors, 1 ogroid; painting: kairic acolytes 65%; to paint: everything else]

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Still working on the Silver Tower project (and pretty close to its conclusion at the moment)...

Project List for 2017
- Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower [painted: 5 heroes & companion (heraldor, questor, necromancer, chieftain, slaughterpriest, gryphon hound), 8 grot scutlings, 10 horrors, 1 ogroid, 8 familiars, 2 death runners, 8 kairic acolytes, 6 tzaangors, 3 flamers; painting: Gaunt Summoner (going, going...) and heroes (warpriest & hound, grey seer); to paint: everything else (remaining heroes, exotic adversaries)]
- Otherworld Skirmish warband #2 [85%; painted: 1 Oni/Ogre Mage, 1 Penanggalan, 1 Weretiger, 1 Djinni, 1 Mummy Lord; painting: 1 Illusionist @ 2%]

Total miniatures painted in 2017: 53