Willy or Greebo (Un-Renaissance) Undead Team?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Willy or Greebo (Un-Renaissance) Undead Team?

Post by E99 »

Hi, all! I'm a new tabletop player and looking to buy an undead team. I've pledged for the Willy's kickstarter (rats) and thinking about pledging for the Greebo's Brettonians. Both of the projects allow to buy other stuff from the companies. So I want to buy one of the two undead teams but can't decide which. Can somebody post some recommendations and/or pictures of the painted teams? I've searched for pictures online but still unsure.

Reason: ''
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Willy or Greebo (Un-Renaissance) Undead Team?

Post by Olaf the Stout »

This is going to be totally unhelpful, but I simply bought both teams. They are all gorgeous minis in 2 slightly different styles.

So I don't think you can really go wrong with either option.

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Thanks anyway, Olaf! :) Did you paint your teams? Can you post some pictures of them?

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Could not see willy but he has votice miniatures
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41616

yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

Still can't see the willy but another undead team
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40613

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

The willy minis can be seen on their website.

Link to picture, to big to post!

Willy sure isn't the cheapest but I bought them for two reasons:
  1. If you buy them with cleverly chosen options, the stand in for both, Necro and Undead
  2. They look marvelous and I'm a big fan of the Flesh Golems

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Thank you, guys! I think that Greebo undead team has compatibility options too. You can add the flesh golems and werewolves to make a necro team. Btw just saw that RN Estudio has an undead team of their own. They look stunning too! Decisions, decisions ...

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

I prefer the look of the Greebo team and bought the options to make it a Necro team, as well. Don't have any pictures to show yet...a league mate is painting them for me. I also have his Norse team and am backing the Brettonian kickstarter...there isn't much that he makes that I don't love. I have a couple Willy teams (Nurgle and Dwarves), but not a fan of this Undead team and his stuff is a little more hit-or-miss for me.

I say go with Willy's team so less people have the same Necro/Undead team as me.

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Good advice, Djay :D Don't worry about me, I doubt you will come to Bulgaria to play Blood Bowl any soon. :)

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Olaf the Stout wrote:This is going to be totally unhelpful, but I simply bought both teams. They are all gorgeous minis in 2 slightly different styles.

So I don't think you can really go wrong with either option.
Because I am a slack bastard I have not painted either team yet! :D

I can tell you that the Greebo minis are mainly single piece minis. This means the poses aren't as dynamic, but if you hate assembling minis (probably my least favourite part of the hobby) then that is a big pro.

Both Greebo and Willy minis have enough options that you can create Undead, Necromantic and Khemri teams out of the minis that they sell (along with most of the star players available for those races).

So basically I think it comes down to which style you prefer. As others have said, there are also other manufacturers, such as RN Estudio, that have put out equally stunning Undead teams.

E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Yeah, I really liked the RN Estudio undead/necro too. I've backed the current Greebo kickstarter project, so will definitely buy some configuration of their un-renaissance teams. And my girl loved the RN Estudio team (first minis she likes) so I will take these and I'm done. :)

Just have to learn how to paint now. I've painted my first minis recently (2-3 experimental D&D miniatures and then an Orc team) and I'm not very good at this. :)

Regash

Post by Regash »

E99 wrote:Just have to learn how to paint now. I'm not very good at this. :)
Nobody is good at this at first.
A whole lot of people also never gonna be good at this, no matter how hard they try. :orc:

I'd recommend some YuoTube tutorials, just to pick up some ideas and techniques if you have no one to show you first hand.
Those from Warhammer TV are pretty good in my opinion.

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deathrain »

Everyone can be at least passable, though, give enough patience to keep on clearing up mistakes and some basic techniques. Have a look through youtube and find what suits you. Use a wet pallet, it is easily created and saves you a lot of paint while keeping you from painting with tacky paint. Which you shouldn't ever do!

Regash

Post by Regash »

Wet palette somehow never worked for me. Probably me doing it wrong but it did nothing at all to my paints.