Grak and Crumbleberry

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Grak and Crumbleberry

Post by Olaf the Stout »

One of my gripes with Grak and Crumbleberry is that, due to being in Australia, my only option to get the mini is buying one off a scalper on eBay.

Yes, I get that Warhammer World do limited release minis all the time. However, in this case, this is the first new GW Star Player sculpt available to buy for Blood Bowl since Griff and Zug were re-re-re-released in the mid 2000's. So it's frustrating to see a new GW mini released for Blood Bowl, yet still not be able to get a copy of it. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

The big undercosting, lack of Loner and special new skill just for this player are also worrying, but have been discussed at length in this thread already.

Reason: ''
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Slothman wrote:Why was this not communicated when released?
Guessing you mean why was the limited availability of them not communicated? I'm pretty sure it was, that we were told that they're only going to be available at events FW attend, along with several other event exclusive minis.
As for the limited use, I've already suggested that the NAF shouldn't allow limited availability stuff like this because that just makes sense and is pretty standard practice in any tournament scenes. I could throw a rock at the UKTC in York this weekend and find someone who doesn't know anything about these guys existence, let alone their rules, because of how limited availability they are. That sort of thing has no place in tournaments.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

I agree. There is no place for throwing rocks at people attending tournaments.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Fun though.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Please....modern people use bricks!!!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

So any hint about the race selection and name choice? Like Zara, Sarah, Buffy, human that kills vampires. Or Roze-El and Pete Rozelle.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Rolex wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:210k for an Ogre and Halfling (usually 150k) with an AG increase on the Ogre (now 190k) and a unique, possible OP, skill for the remaining 20k and no Loner?

Not broken at all.
It is usually 170k (140+30), + AG on the ogre (210k), Sure Hands on the halfling (240k) and Kick Team Mate (which is extremely random but surely better than TTM especially if you have both on the team... let's say 40K?) total value... about 280 k value for 210k price... and NO LONER! :o
A lot better than any existing star players and I think better then most lineup players as well.

I can't think of a team that can't benefit of this 2 if you can squeeze them in.
Think of Khemri... you just got 2 ballcarriers that are better than any you have....
Ogres with 7 Ogres one of which is the balcarrier (the worst mistake you can make with ogres is carring the ball with a snotling IMHO).... With a secondary balcarrier with SH just in case....

If there was a 1250k tournament in Italy that allows these star players I think 90% of teams would have them... whatever the race.
yesterday, i had in mind to play them in a 125k tournament (125 for Tier3, 120k for tier2, and 115 for tier1) as follow:
6 ogres (block, block, leader, guard, guard)
Grak and Crumbleberry
6 snot
1 TRR

but, the tourney organiser was not aware of this new GW release, and refused me to play them :(

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Omalley69 »

I´d really like Grak and Crumbleberry for casual play.
Maybe even being official rules as ogres+hafling only star players (costed 290).
I do feel that some teams need some more love. (some teams being able to buy all their positionals and 2 rr at 1 mill seems unfair)
New star players would be nice.

The kick skill seems hugely random and funny.

Does anybody know if they are for sale at later events?
(at the moment they are insanely expensive on ebay. )

When life knocks you down, fouling is emminent!

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Proxy them. Both Greebo, currently on Kickstarter, and Hungry Troll have great models to use. Having said that I do not play at a GW store, or even have a GW store anywhere near. My independent hobby store sells GW stuff.

Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Omalley69 »

Hmm they dont really fit my gw bb ogre team.

When life knocks you down, fouling is emminent!

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Kind of agree with Omalley69.
Krak and Crumbleberry could be OK (provided correct pricing and loner) as star player(s) for just Ogres and Halflings.
Both of those teams could need something overpowered :D

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

plasmoid wrote:Kind of agree with Omalley69.
Krak and Crumbleberry could be OK (provided correct pricing and loner) as star player(s) for just Ogres and Halflings.
Both of those teams could need something overpowered :D
If you limited them to just those two teams I do not mind the discount pricing. They do need Loner for game balance but I would happy see how them worked with the current price.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Are these really all that OP or broken as I keep hearing? With the Kick Team-Mate, where does one aim? It scatters d6 squares, and flings move 5 squares. Aim too deep and he can easily go sailing off the pitch, aim too short and the little fling is left alone in enemy territory, unable to make the endzone in 1 go. If he lands.

Which non-stunty teams would seriously consider taking these at a cost of 210? Sure Brick n Grotty are a little bit more expensive, but I'd rather have them instead, and they hardly ruin the beautiful game.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Itchen Masack wrote:Which non-stunty teams would seriously consider taking these at a cost of 210? Sure Brick n Grotty are a little bit more expensive, but I'd rather have them instead, and they hardly ruin the beautiful game.
An AG3 non-Loner Ogre for 210? I'd consider it for pretty much any team, even if the 'Fling never saw the pitch.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Really? Ok then I'll allow him when we play next! :p