New Slann miniatures project?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Would you be interested in a high quality team of Slann miniatures?

A) Yes. Sounds ace.
84%
B) No. Naff off.
10%
C) I would rather have somebody create... (List preferred team below)
6%

Total votes: 169

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New Slann miniatures project?

Post by the solitaire »

007hor wrote:I am starting to wonder why this campaign is taking considerably longer than any other I've back thus far.
Because someone is doing this as a one man show in his spare time next to performing a full time job I guess.

Besides, this is not a batch of printed 3D renders. This is done from hand sculpted greens, cast in lead free tin alloy.

If I were any closer to Johnny I'd offer help with packaging and sorting those orders,because that's going to be another mammoth task for a private person with a full working schedule.

Just saying

Reason: ''
If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
ghorghor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ghorghor »

@the solitaire Hi, I fully agree with your comment and strongly support all JB efforts. Nevertheless, it would be good to have even a very brief update of the progress and estimated shipping schedule. I have noticed that people are much more patient when they are informed.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

I didn't bug him at all when I saw him a couple of weeks back, but someone mentioned that he might be looking getting support for packaging models up.

I remember backing Galak's mammoth kickstarter and just the snowball effect of exceptional takeup and multi-part models being a nightmare to sort by anyone.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

the solitaire wrote:Because someone is doing this as a one man show in his spare time next to performing a full time job I guess.
This.
ghorghor wrote:@the solitaire Hi, I fully agree with your comment and strongly support all JB efforts. Nevertheless, it would be good to have even a very brief update of the progress and estimated shipping schedule. I have noticed that people are much more patient when they are informed.
And this.

Still, J_Bull has got way to go yet - I've got a KS from a professional gaming company (i.e. it is their full-time job) that is 2 years and counting late, and might just be about to go into shipping - and that's only for a reprint of a pre-existing card game!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I think maybe the questioning comes from the last update which said they'd be shiped after Christmas or something like that, i guess its still after Christmas, as far as I'm aware...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
ghorghor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ghorghor »

Darkson wrote:
the solitaire wrote:Because someone is doing this as a one man show in his spare time next to performing a full time job I guess.
This.
ghorghor wrote:@the solitaire Hi, I fully agree with your comment and strongly support all JB efforts. Nevertheless, it would be good to have even a very brief update of the progress and estimated shipping schedule. I have noticed that people are much more patient when they are informed.
And this.

Still, J_Bull has got way to go yet - I've got a KS from a professional gaming company (i.e. it is their full-time job) that is 2 years and counting late, and might just be about to go into shipping - and that's only for a reprint of a pre-existing card game!
I rarely compare my son's school results with pupils worse than he is :wink: .

And all I want is News. Something like JB saying : "Hey I am still alive, packing under progress, shipping not before June". It took 10s to write.

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Johnny, if you find the time to check in here, I'm offering the help of me and my girlfriend in sorting and packaging orders (no strings attached)

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

No where near the longest wait yet. He said he would inform us when he had news. Haven't heard from him so no news to report. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

mawph wrote:I remember backing Galak's mammoth kickstarter and just the snowball effect of exceptional takeup and multi-part models being a nightmare to sort by anyone.
Which was greatly compounded by two factors as well.

1) Shipping to Europe was $12 and a single missing arm was bankrupting me. So I had to fire everyone who was helping me bag up the parts into teams because I lost money overall on the mammoth KickStarter because of having to ship missing parts to Europe. So doing all that sorting by myself so I could make sure I could pay the mortgage reliably really put a killer sleeperhold on the ability to ship rewards out.

2) I ended up being in the hospital 3 times and on bed rest for 2 months for a loss of about 5 months of time where pretty much nothing could be done because I was too sick or on too many meds to reliably put all the pieces together to make a team.

So this my long way of saying ... I feel J_Bone's pain ... I wish him well with the project! and I hope if he gets help they are much better than every single person that tried to help me (6 in total)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Thanks for the link, Darkson.
To actually see those froggies in those trays gives me kind of a warm and fuzzy feeling around my heart.

They're coming home! :wink: :lol:

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Its Pedro Ramos fault then, turn the mob around!

Seriously if i dont see a green frog soon i swear someone is going to "Croak" it...

Hu hu hu hu :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

frogboy wrote:Seriously if i dont see a green frog soon i swear someone is going to "Croak" it...
I was toad this wouldn't be a problem.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

SHIPPING BEGINS!

Hello everybody! I know it has been a while but there has not been much to update other than that I have been working with suppliers and doing admin on the project. Nothing exciting. Until now!

The frogs have arrived, the quality is outstanding and shipping has begun! The process will take some time due to the sheer amount of orders that need to be packed and shipped but rest assured, your teams are on their way!

I would like to thank you all for your patience and I really hope you enjoy your teams when they arrive. This has been a long process but the end is in sight! I very much look forward to seeing photos of you all enjoying your teams!

Thanks,

J-Bone

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.