32mm Amazon, Pro Elf & Dark Elf KickStarter -Metal AND Resin

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: 32mm Amazon, Pro Elf & Dark Elf KickStarter -Metal AND R

Post by bouncergriim »

W00t! Glad to see a metal option. That is what I really wanted, changed my pledge. 8)

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thanks Bouncer,

Okay so I am left pondering ... I was asked by many people that they really wanted the team in metal ... team in metal added and only 2 backers have pledged for the team in 3 days.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I suspect the chants were:

"We want metal!
We want metal!
We want metal!
We don't want to have to pay for it."

People probably didn't realise the difference it would cost.

Out of interest, Galak, which team are you expecting/hoping to be the more popular one?

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I really wanted the metal, I will settle for resin if the metal doesn't pan out well. Might want to see how things go monday though when people are back at work on in the internet for distraction sake. Also are you advertising these models anywhere? Post to TGN or anything. These are the first pro elf models (elves in general) that I have actually wanted to spend $ on not just proxy with my desert dogs.

Hope more people jump on the metal option, but you might have a poll about it or something to see how important it really is. If it is a ton more work for only a couple of backers it might not be worth it.

just my 2 cents.

PS: to any of the folks who asked about metal, now is the time to put your $ where you talk was so Tom can know for sure metal is what we really want. Not just affordable resin.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

bouncergriim wrote:Also are you advertising these models anywhere? Post to TGN or anything. These are the first pro elf models (elves in general) that I have actually wanted to spend $ on not just proxy with my desert dogs.
Ads go out tomorrow. I normally release ads in week 2 to help with the mid project slump.
Hope more people jump on the metal option, but you might have a poll about it or something to see how important it really is. If it is a ton more work for only a couple of backers it might not be worth it.
I promised metal and I'm working with the metal caster to see if there are options to make it happen for less money (not for the castings themselves but for all the molding).

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Moraiwe wrote:People probably didn't realise the difference it would cost.
Understood ... but $64 for 18 metal figurines is still a heck of a deal!

This metal team in our store is probably going to be around $128 is my best guess. So I was offering the team for 50% of its expected retail price.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest it was expensive.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

GalakStarscraper wrote:

This metal team in our store is probably going to be around $128 is my best guess. So I was offering the team for 50% of its expected retail price.
Yeah, I'd back the Amazons in metal if I didn't already own the Trollcast versions. Good luck!

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

GalakStarscraper wrote:

I have the previous metal versions, but I'm tempted to upgrade to the slightly bigger ones.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

All 3 teams are now being offered in Metal at a significant discount for their planned price at retail.

So if you would like to get these 32mm figures for either the Elf, Dark Elf or Amazon teams at a great price ... 9 days left to join the KickStarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... s-and-dark

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

So very tempted! :D

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I upped to the proelf deluxe metal! Cannot wait to see these in person this fall; nice to have metal options when resin and plastics seem to be king of all the big companies.

ElDiablito
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ElDiablito »

I am one of those early people who went in for the deluxe metal elf team. When I see an option for ultimate elf team in metal, I will upgrade. The biggest reason I prefer metal is that my homeowners association does not like it when I use any spray of any kind: primer or varnish. The second I use an arrisol, some nosey person comes knocking on my door and asking to see my work order. :roll:

That entire requirement for specific, spray primers makes resin useless to me.

That said, I look forward to getting some paint onto those models!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

ElDiablito wrote:I am one of those early people who went in for the deluxe metal elf team. When I see an option for ultimate elf team in metal, I will upgrade. The biggest reason I prefer metal is that my homeowners association does not like it when I use any spray of any kind: primer or varnish. The second I use an arrisol, some nosey person comes knocking on my door and asking to see my work order. :roll:

That entire requirement for specific, spray primers makes resin useless to me.

That said, I look forward to getting some paint onto those models!
Our new resin does not need spray primer. So you do not need to worry about that concern any longer with anything we cast in resin.

I have been working very hard to keep upgrading our materials! And I'm very happy with our newest improvements on everything that we've done since December.

Here was a review done by a professional painting surface which was the first place to get miniatures in our new resin for testing. Was happy to see someone who had issues in the past be very happy now and she even was using brush primer (not spray primer) in the video. https://www.facebook.com/Snickernackstu ... 082928172/

Quoted from the KickStarter description:
The miniatures in these three teams is a completely new resin and mold release that we just started using in 2017. It is a better material than we have used in the past and can be primed with any primer! We also purchased a state of the art high end 3-D printer to make the new master copies of the minis in these teams and even the mold material and the spin casting machine are new. So these teams are designed to be the best for materials available on the market.

We are very close (only $195) from unlocking adding free Metal versions of Jordell, Moranion, and Dolfar to the Deluxe Elf and Ultimate Elf teams for all backers who get those teams.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

This morning we unlocked including free metal Jordell, Dolfar and Moronian miniatures will the metal Deluxe Elf and Ultimate Elf teams!

We $167 from unlocking to incluce free metal Horkon, Ithaca and Roxanne miniatures with metal Deluxe Dark Elf and Ultimate Elf teams.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... -and-dark/

Just 2 days left for the KickStarter!