Looking for "Voodoo" Undead

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Looking for "Voodoo" Undead

Post by rolo »

I am looking to make an undead team, and want to make something unique. Specifically, I want to make a voodoo, swamp zombie kind of team. Sort of like Live or Let Die, minus the casual racism. (Yeah, some Bond movies have aged better than others).

Zombies and Skeletons should be wet, icky, and gross looking. Ghouls will be painted like Baron Samedi, with the white skull paint. I'm not sure what to do about Wights and Mummies, other than that I want them to stand out. I guess that's why I'm asking for advice here ;)

Also, if there's a model of a zombie or skeleton wearing a top hat, to be used as a coach, that would just be pure awesome.

Let me know what you guys think of! Thanks :)

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for "Voodoo" Undead

Post by smokingmonkee »

If you're fine with with a human necromancer coach Pulp City has a great model called Papa Zombie.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Yes that is exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you!

Coach down, team to go ;)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Great idea for a team. If I didnt already own two undead teams I'd yionk it :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

Might want to think of a swamp thing type mummy if you are going with swamp zombies. Not sure where to get the mini but just an idea for the mummy/flesh construct.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

For the Mummies, I'm thinking of getting two "Zombie Trolls" from Mantic:

They'll be big enough to stand out (one of my main concerns is that it's very easy to figure out what position is which) and will definitely fit the theme.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

There is an old post somewhere in here of a Voodoo Orc team. Good use for ideas, painting, etc.

Edit: Found it. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39153&hilit=Voodoo+Orc

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

Found it: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39153

Yes, that is absolutely the look that I'm going for. Sorry Slaver! I wasn't trying to rip off your idea. But now that I've seen it I totally will ;)

I don't think any of the models will work for me, but the white bone war paint is inspiring. I hope my project comes out half that well.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

I've done some looking around.

For the Wights, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Neomics "Wraiths":
ImageImage

Which is great, because I like those figures (and kind of dislike the rest of the team. Sorry Neomics!).

For the ghouls, I think I'm going to end up going with Willy:

Those ghouls have everything I'm looking for - they look fast and vicious, everyone who sees them will know that they're ghouls, and they have a lot of exposed skin to make the skull paint really look good.
The only issue is that I've seen these minis before (a friend of mine bought the Willy Undead set) and they come in like three pieces each. And the pieces don't really fit well together. Lots of cursing, lots of green stuff, lots of glue on my fingers before these will be finished. But that's a one-time problem and these guys really do look great when they're glued together.

So now I'm just looking for zombies and a few skeletons!

Plan B for zombies is just seeing if my local game store still has a boxed set of Warhammer zombies. Those come with a lot of spare parts, so I'll be able to mix and match as needed. Plus, weapon snips are a lot easier on plastic models than pewter. But there's still a lot of stuff out there. At some point I'll have to look through Reaper's encyclopedia-length catalog ...

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

An alternative coach is "Big Jake" from a game called Malifaux:

I just need to snip that tomahawk head off, glue on a skull, and basically finished.