New Team Re-Draft Rules with OBBLM?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TedStriker
Experienced
Experienced

New Team Re-Draft Rules with OBBLM?

Post by TedStriker »

So is there any easy way to do the new team re-draft rules with obblm? Any easy way to copy/move characters from one team to another?

Is this on the list to add?

Reason: ''
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Re: New Team Re-Draft Rules with OBBLM?

Post by Tim »

I have recently guided our league through the new re-draft process and during that came up with some local tweaks and a design for my installation of the page.

I posted it as a design proposal on the NAFLM github:
https://github.com/TheNAF/naflm/issues/204

In the current version, most of the process can be done currently with a combo of a few workarounds, some manual processes and with the admin cockpit actions. But it's not really a process and if you have a larger league this will be a nightmare for the commish/admin.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

Yeah... I've been putting off our first playoff series post-BB2016 as this seems like an absolute nightmare! :pissed: :blue: :pissed:

Bad Seeds
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bad Seeds »

We have managed to do most of the redrafting in our (small) league, but getting rid of fan factor is still a problem. The option in the league settings allows existing teams to buy FF, but not dropping it, as the notes says it should.

Any ideas how to fix this?

naf name: mynock
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Hmm, i thought Admins can adjust Fan Factor, but it seems not ... seems like we just ignored the FF adjustment in our season changes ;)

The problem might be that FF is always calculated from the teams starting FF over all match reports (and then buffered for dislay until it changes). So you can't just adjust the current value, you need to store a separate modifier in the DB. Need to check how buying FF is handled.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

NAFLM has two lots of FF per team; the purchased FF and the earned FF from matches. Only the purchased FF can be adjusted by the Admin but I am not sure if they could enter a negative value to cancel out the earned FF.