New inducement system query

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BoJenkins
Rookie
Rookie

New inducement system query

Post by BoJenkins »

hello folks, first post here so don't pummel me into a pile right away please.

So I'm entering a new league with a halfling team and was wondering if this worked. So the team is:

11 halflings - 330,000
2 treeman - 240,000
2 re-rolls - 120,000

This totals to 690,000, does this mean in game 1 of the season I can buy the halfling master chef (100,000) and grak and crumbleberry (210,000) as inducements or is this not allowed.

Cheers in advance :D

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: New inducement system query

Post by Darkson »

It does, depending on:
A) the team you face has a team value of 1mill - if they have a lower TV you'll get less inducements, and
B) if your commissioner is allowing Grak & Crumbleberry (they shouldn't, at least not at the listed price).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
BoJenkins
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BoJenkins »

Thanks for getting back to me, it's much appreciated. May I ask why Grak and Crumbleberry shouldn't be allowed at 210,000 as that's the amount on there card?

I should of mentioned that in this league all the teams start with the standard million. So am I right in saying that both of us start with 0 for inducements and i'm now able to buy these using the 310,000 left in my treasury (someone told me this was a major thing that has changed recently).

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

BoJenkins wrote:May I ask why Grak and Crumbleberry shouldn't be allowed at 210,000 as that's the amount on there card?
Whole discussion on that here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43557

General concensus appears to be that they are undercosted. They need to be about 100k more expensive and/or have the Loner skill.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

BoJenkins wrote:Thanks for getting back to me, it's much appreciated. May I ask why Grak and Crumbleberry shouldn't be allowed at 210,000 as that's the amount on there card?

I should of mentioned that in this league all the teams start with the standard million. So am I right in saying that both of us start with 0 for inducements and i'm now able to buy these using the 310,000 left in my treasury (someone told me this was a major thing that has changed recently).
Unless there's a league rule forcing you to spend your whole million, no--your treasury doesn't count against your TV, so you'll get to keep your cash, and still get that 310K as inducement money (provided your opponent spent all of their initial million).

It may feel a little "cheaty" at first--I just did it with a new goblin team against opponents new to the game, and they seemed a bit suspicious of the whole thing--but realize that 1) anything you get as inducements goes away, so you're not retaining that value like your opponents who spent their money do, and 2) inducements are by design a bad value: 310K of inducements will not be quite as good as 310K worth of rostered assets.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

310K is not going to stay for long with Expensive Mistakes. Maybe that is what they meant with "changed recently".

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

AFAIK CRP had a line saying that all teams start with TV1000...
Is that gone now? If not, this would only work from game 2 onwards.

Either way - Wifflebat - yep, inducements are supposed to be worth less than rosteret stuff. Than again, when you get a 200k discount on the Master Chef, then one might indeed argue that you're getting excellent value!

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

plasmoid wrote:AFAIK CRP had a line saying that all teams start with TV1000...
Nope. Only requirement was for 11 players.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.