SAWBBowl 1 8th April 17 ++NOW VERY FULL++

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: SAWBBowl 1 8th April 17 ++NOW VERY FULL++

Post by Darkson »

Maverick wrote:P.S. did anyone happen to pick up a fame token from one of the middle tables on the row furthest from the kitchen? Thin I left it there after game 2
I found one still in it's plastic wallet, but I'm not sure if I left it there as "lost property" or kept hold of it. Will double check when I can.

Gained 17 points on my Vamp ranking, wmaking them my 3rd highest rank team, which is shocking! :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

big thanks to glow and the team was great fun as always! I also want to say a big thanks everyone that picked up a copy of the sisters miniatures i'm selling I really appreciate the support!

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

So it's been settled, clearly the best Goblin build is an insane all-weapons-all-trolls-1-bribe-1-reroll-bonanza!

No, in seriousness, I fluked my way through those games. I'm just lucky that I managed to hurt a disproportionate amount of Chaos Dwarves while I was getting pounded.

Thanks to Darkson for showing me just how wily Vampires can be. I made it up to him by reducing his supply of warm bodies to one, poor thirty vampires. Also, it was awesome how we both managed to earn schwing points... but only against our own team.

Thanks to Gorgoroth for graciously letting me beat up his Chaos Dwarves while be beat up my poor little gobbos. AV9, Thick Skull... Who needs it, eh? Unnecessary bloat, I say!

Thanks to Angry Hobbit for rounding off the day with an absolutely bananas Ogre on Goblin crapfest, in which we both used all our rerolls by turn two, meaning anything we tried was guaranteed to fail. Fail of the match goes to my Hail Mary Pass Bomma, who in turn one burned my only reroll (on my first action, no less!) by fumbling the bomb twice. Second fail of the match goes to Grotty, who killed himself on a dodge. Mind you, Grotty did take out Fungus on an uphill block, so props to him for that.

Oh, and thanks to Eski/Buggrit for lending me the little buggers. Without you guys I wouldn't have gotten very far.

And shout out to Dreamscreator. It's clear I'm just the superior goblin coach, no, no rematch needed, I'll retire from them permanently I think... Ahem! :lol:

This means I've nabbed a stunty cup with Ogres and Gobbos now. Bring on the Halflings!

Final great big wet sloppy thanks to Glowworm. What a day, ace food as always (even for difficult so-and-sos like me), great atmosphere, and you can easily forget just how many coaches are there, it always runs so smoothly. Roll on SAWBBowl II!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

@everyone: thanks for showing up, 56 coaches, each round ran smoothly and there where very few issues.....

@Mav, got your FAME counter buddy

hLl booked for next year, 60 coach limit

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Glow and team, thanks for another awesome tournament :D
Bogenhafen Bron - it would probably have been a different result if your thrown halflings hadn't tended to scatter back towards your own end zone!
Heff - would you please stop beating me 2-1, in particular when you are coaching lower tier teams!!
Gorgoroth - Our game was bizarre, I was players down from the start, made a massive positional mistake, you played flawlessly ... and yet somehow the dice gods contrived to gift me the victory!!!

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

thanks to all for a great event, including a really close loss to some vampires. i really felt for all of my opponents actually, as they learned to fear the power of the goblins!

of course, the goblins then died, and died quickly, but still :D

i'll be back next year...possibly with something less squishy.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

speedingbullet wrote:Glow and team, thanks for another awesome tournament :D
Bogenhafen Bron - it would probably have been a different result if your thrown halflings hadn't tended to scatter back towards your own end zone!
Heff - would you please stop beating me 2-1, in particular when you are coaching lower tier teams!!
Gorgoroth - Our game was bizarre, I was players down from the start, made a massive positional mistake, you played flawlessly ... and yet somehow the dice gods contrived to gift me the victory!!!
A 2-1 victory is the perfect game. Shows both how well matched we are snd how lucky l am.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Thanks to WWE2015 (close game, side steps a pain isn't it!) Frogboy (contributed to his highest casualty award), Twelfman (stunty madness as it is supposed to be).
Cheers to Glow, great tournament as ever.
I have now tried (and failed miserably) to get my hands on the stunty cup 6 times so next year I will bring something else.

Dwarves are almost the same height as flings aren't they? :D

See you all next year.

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
Nagrom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagrom »

Really enjoyed the day, thanks to Cornish, lunchmoney and Nightwing for some fun games and hope to return next year.

Nagrom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagrom »

nightwing wrote:Glow, awesome tourney as always, and I add another Glowworm award to my collection :D

Many thanks to Buggrit, Maverick and Nagrom for 3 top games. Nagrom; I'm so sorry for the complete dicing. Maverick; thanks for an entertaining and ridiculously nail biting final game!

Can't wait for next years :)
Seems I saved all my good dice rolls for playing against lunchmoney, that and not realising how close some of my players were to the side of the pitch lol good game sir

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Many thanks to my opponents for the games - all of them were close, all of them could have easily gone the other way, just got lucky at the right time.
To twelthman for the mental game, notable for the lack of opponent-caused Cas, yet with full dug-outs.
To Lunchmoney for giving his bullcentaurs gloves covered in oil so they couldn't pick up the ball.
To Yogi for the tense and tactical game, especially in the first half. I thought my 1-reroll-1 on the dodge vamp had left you an easy score, until you managed to do the eact same thing.

A big shout-out to Angry Hobbit and sann0638 for the use of the teams (Moodygit and myself).

And apologies to anyone sat near me with my shouts of "BATMAN" - to clear it up, Angry Hobbit had a Batman-inspired figure as a Vampire, and as long as I called "Batman" in a 60s-psychedelic fashion he behaved himself - didn't fail a roll when I did that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Fun tournament as always and the noodles didn't disappoint :D

Big thanks to glow for running it once again and my three opponents for three interesting games especially Jip for a real nail biter at the end.

Finally got that trophy monkey off my back so can start working towards a couple of other secret goals from my ultra secret hit list. ;)

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

20phoenix wrote:Big thanks to glow for running it once again and my three opponents for three interesting games especially Jip for a real nail biter at the end.
Agreed, the lucky ABAO dice HungDonkeyman gave me in game one had run out of steam by game three! :oops:

Was I remembering your roster correctly; Skitter and Dribblesnot?

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Jip wrote:
20phoenix wrote:Big thanks to glow for running it once again and my three opponents for three interesting games especially Jip for a real nail biter at the end.
Agreed, the lucky ABAO dice HungDonkeyman gave me in game one had run out of steam by game three! :oops:

Was I remembering your roster correctly; Skitter and Dribblesnot?
Yup - that's what I had

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler