Goblin Roster DZ2

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Goblin Roster DZ2

Post by frogboy »

Id be willing to speclate that swoop is in some way an attempt to counter the stupid trolls.

Halflings are the best TTM team but now goblins have access to swoop meaning if they get one off...

Who knows?

Poor Ogres :(

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

frogboy wrote:
dreamscreator wrote:+1 FAME... more disappointed then. In a tournament could be interesting but cut you money for bribes, in a long league with high TV could be fine.

Swoop will be related with TTM, I vote for reroll landing rolls.

Could be great if sneaky git will work as guard in foul assist, that would be a good improvement for goblins and the skill

Maybe we will have new SW as Star Players
Im loving these ideas :)

+1 for hopefully having more stars
hi frogboy, the same from CIBBL I assume?

FYI sneaky git works as guard for fouls was a suggestion made by Galak about 4 years ago. I trialled in 4 long running leagues that are still on going. It makes no difference, no one takes it, not worth its TV value and somewhat pointless.

If it has changed (and I really hope it has) I would guess +1 to argue the call along with its current form.

Also Black Goblin star player is already en route with stab and bomb skill, you can see him on the warhammer fest thread.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Fan Favourite is interesting, whilst he's on the pitch he grants +1 Fame, so he's useful on Kick Off stuff which he can even out or give you a good advantage on. Aside from that, he's a git who should help interfere with Elven concentration.

I think he's useful and a bit different. And it's nice to see Fan Favourite actually do something. Remember after the CRP was edited to be printer friendly and the Majors were removed, it was a dead skill that no one had and no one could gain. Before that, or if you had the full Icepelt version, it could only be gained if you played the Spike! Magazine major.
I think it's good to see it used in a place that makes sense. Goblins are rowdy little buggers, it fits their character that they'd love to see a guy on the pitch banging a drum or playing the squig pipes, following throwers around and putting them off their game. Stuff like that.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote: edit: wish I could read sneaky git to see if that rule has changed. I hope this has some interaction with the argue the call.
Just to note, do not confuse the "Sneaky Gits" rule with the "Sneaky Git" skill -- they are different.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

JT-Y wrote:Fan Favourite is interesting, whilst he's on the pitch he grants +1 Fame, so he's useful on Kick Off stuff which he can even out or give you a good advantage on. Aside from that, he's a git who should help interfere with Elven concentration.

I think it's good to see it used in a place that makes sense. Goblins are rowdy little buggers, it fits their character that they'd love to see a guy on the pitch banging a drum or playing the squig pipes, following throwers around and putting them off their game. Stuff like that.
He's like an on-field mascot, or hype man. No one seems to have mentioned the Disturbing Presence listed on that picture.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

dreamscreator wrote:Where is the stab goblin? That would be great for a team as a goblins, to try to break some cages. And Trolls are still Stupid? That leave Halfing still as the most reliable stunty team even when my heart will be always green.

And Ooligan... I have the feeling is going to be something like a fouler guy that can't be sent off with that new skill "fan favourite"
What goblin in their right mind would use a knife to stab someone when there are CHAINSAWS about? Sorry, but stabbing with a goblin is completely out of character. Only a hobgoblin or dark elf could be that sneaky.

Milo

stashman

Post by stashman »

Milo wrote:
garion wrote: edit: wish I could read sneaky git to see if that rule has changed. I hope this has some interaction with the argue the call.
Just to note, do not confuse the "Sneaky Gits" rule with the "Sneaky Git" skill -- they are different.
Bribes for 50k maybe

garion

Post by garion »

stashman wrote:
Milo wrote:
Bribes for 50k maybe
yeah it will be this. from what little text i can see thats what it seems to be suggesting

thanks for the clarification Milo,

shame sneaky git skill hasn't been reworked :(

Looks like my goblin roster ain't changing then.

2 trolls 1 chainsaw , 1 fanatic, the rest goblins.

seems the roster change is only really going to suit TT resurrection tournaments. For leagues you're better off leaving all the toys at home and abusing bribes.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

stashman wrote:Bribes for 50k maybe
Ding!

garion

Post by garion »

Milo wrote:
dreamscreator wrote:Where is the stab goblin? That would be great for a team as a goblins, to try to break some cages. And Trolls are still Stupid? That leave Halfing still as the most reliable stunty team even when my heart will be always green.

And Ooligan... I have the feeling is going to be something like a fouler guy that can't be sent off with that new skill "fan favourite"
What goblin in their right mind would use a knife to stab someone when there are CHAINSAWS about? Sorry, but stabbing with a goblin is completely out of character. Only a hobgoblin or dark elf could be that sneaky.
and the black Goblin?

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

He's the king of gits. Far more subtle in his subterfuge and underhandedness than his kin. He's the ideal all Goblins strive towards, but just can't seem to master.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote: shame sneaky git skill hasn't been reworked :(

Looks like my goblin roster ain't changing then.

2 trolls 1 chainsaw , 1 fanatic, the rest goblins.

seems the roster change is only really going to suit TT resurrection tournaments. For leagues you're better off leaving all the toys at home and abusing bribes.
To each their own. I like to see it as giving Goblin coaches more options and opportunities. For instance, if you take a Fan Favourite, you get +1 to not just Pitch Invasion and Thrown Rock rolls (which are very quintessentially Gobliny), but also Brilliant Coaching and Cheering Fans, which have the potential to earn you several additional rerolls per game, especially if combined with cheerleaders and assistant coaches and... well, I shouldn't say any more yet. That might mean you could go without so many TRRs on your roster, which in turn reduces your team value and gives you more inducements.

Lots of people like Bombs and Pogos as well, and I suspect the Doom Diver would fall into that category too. It certainly has the potential to improve an aerial attack. But your mileage may vary.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

garion wrote:
Milo wrote: What goblin in their right mind would use a knife to stab someone when there are CHAINSAWS about? Sorry, but stabbing with a goblin is completely out of character. Only a hobgoblin or dark elf could be that sneaky.
and the black Goblin?
Are you implying that the Black Goblin is in his right mind? He wears BELLS on 'im. And he keeps fighting with that beardy bloke.

Milo

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Price on Black Gobbo or it isnt real? ;)
garion wrote:
Milo wrote:

and the black Goblin?

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Milo wrote:

One who wants to dodge on a 3+ and stab instead to dodge in a 6+ and use the chainsaw with a 2+ ;)

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20