Brighton Block, Sunday 28th May 2017, Brighton UK

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Brighton Block, Sunday 28th May 2017, Brighton UK

Post by Cookie »

The Brighton Blood Bowl League is proud to announce their first Blood Bowl tournament, the Brighton Block! What better way to spend a Bank Holiday Sunday than by playing Blood Bowl by the seaside?

Date: Sunday 28th May, 2017

Venue: Dice Saloon, New England House, Brighton, BN1 4GW, the store is less than 10 minutes walk from Brighton Train Station (https://www.dicesaloon.com/).

Tickets: £10, available from https://www.dicesaloon.com/events/the-b ... tournament

Tournament Pack: https://goo.gl/zUjpkL

Tournament Format and Rules
  • Capacity of 24 Players
  • NAF Sanctioned
  • The tournament will be a one day, four game tournament with matchups following a Swiss system, the first game will be randomly drawn
  • Starting team value will be 1.1 Million Gold Coins (TV1100)
  • Owing to the tight schedule, match time limits will be strictly enforced, Ideally agree with your opponent to use a chess clock app or similar to help you keep to time.
  • The format will be a resurrection tournament (no long term injuries) and with no progression (no star player points earned)
  • Coaches may assign 3 normal skills to players before game 1 and a further 2 normal skills and one double skill before game 3. No player may be gain more than one additional skill.
  • Scoring System will be 6pts for a win, 3pts for a draw and 1pt for a loss
  • Tiebreakers will be Total Touchdowns then Total Casualties and head to head record
Rules will follow the BB2016 Official Rules (as clarified by the most recent FAQ) with the following modifications:
  • A Team Reroll is not required to use the Piling On skill
  • No inducements or star players are allowed except for Halfling and Goblin teams, who may purchase a Master Chef (Halfling only) and Bribes
  • All 23 Teams from Blood Bowl 2016, Deathzone Season 1 and the Teams of Legend PDF are valid. In addition, Slann can also be used
  • Special Play cards will not be used
  • Coaches may “Argue the Call” if they have an appropriate, painted, head coach miniature
  • Halfling Treeman gain the “Timmmber” skill
  • The referee rules from White Dwarf will not be used
Proposed Timetable:
  • 10:00 – 10:15 - Registration
    10:15 – 12:15 – Game 1
    13:00 – 15:00 - Game 2
    15:15 – 17:15 - Game 3
    17:45 – 19:45 – Game 4
Game time limits (~4 minutes per turn) will be strictly enforced.

Prizes: Prizes will be available for the Winner, Runner Up, Most Touchdowns, Most Casualties, Best Painted Team and Best Stunty Team.

What to bring?
  • Your team (ideally painted to tabletop standard – at least 3 colours per mini)
  • Your Dice, Pitch and Dugouts (if possible)
  • 2 copies of your roster indicating the skills to be assigned to each player at the start of the day and before game 3
  • Some money, Dice Saloon is a great gaming store! In addition, refreshments and food will be available from the store throughout the day. Please do not bring any outside food or drink into the store.

Reason: ''
Best Painted: NAF World Cup 2011, Spikey 2009, Flamebowl I, PK&Q 2012, STABB Cup 2012
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Brighton Block, Sunday 28th May 2017, Brighton UK

Post by Itchen Masack »

May i ask how many people are registered for this? You see I'm interested but also dont particularly want to drive all the way to Brighton and find out there's only 3 of us :D

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

According to Dice Saloon's Events Page on Facebook, 11 are going (but so far only 4 paid) and a further 18 are interested.
Plus I'm going to try to rustle up a few BRGANs and perhaps the Havant Club and Southdown Siegebreakers to see if we can take a few Clubs worth of coaches to this.

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

think it's a bit harsh not allowing inducements though... they'd probably get more interest if they did allow them maybe?

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Jimmy_Jazz is thinking of making a weekend of it as his missus has a mate who lives in Brighton...

Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cookie »

I checked at Dice Saloon this evening, 14 paid and registered so far. Or to put if differently, only 10 spaces left (of 24).

re inducements: Halflings and Goblins are allowed bribes and Masterchef for Halflings, no stars though. Not sure its that non standard is it? What other inducements would you want?

Best Painted: NAF World Cup 2011, Spikey 2009, Flamebowl I, PK&Q 2012, STABB Cup 2012
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Halflings, Goblins and Ogres (at least) normally need access to their Stars.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Cookie wrote: What other inducements would you want?
All of them.
For example at 1.1m I can take a 1m dwarf team and use the remaining 100k for 2 dirty tricks.
Or I can take a Norse team with a Snow Troll Mercenary with Mighty Blow (though it seems a lot of TOs have an irrational hatred of mercenaries).
I might want a wizard.
I might want a Bloodwiser Babe.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Whichever inducements the tourney organiser sees fit is good with me. I dislike intensely the underlying pressure to make all tournaments the same :) And thanks for the reply regarding player numbers. Will check Scratchen's diary tonight to see if I'm free :D

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Itchen Masack wrote:Whichever inducements the tourney organiser sees fit is good with me. I dislike intensely the underlying pressure to make all tournaments the same :)
I completely agree. But he did ask :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cookie »

I have explicitly excluded some inducements from the CRP as I wanted to make this more a BB2016 tournament with some modifications to more closely reflect how my local league has been playing (not many of them are veterans of the LRB/CRP era). Whilst I'm trying to grow the local league/community I wanted to keep things relatively vanilla and straightforward. If it continues to grow as it has (we had 20 players take part in the league thats just finished) then we can do some more fun and complex rulesets in the future.

As a result, cards are out, we don't use them in our league.

Stars, if we were to use them, would have to be extended beyond the Deathzone list we've been using to the whole CRP list (as per NAF sanctioning rules), again, I didn't want to add that complexity.

Wizards are not currently in the new rules so are out.

I don't really see the value in team training, or wandering apo/igor in a resurrection format so I just excluded them and for completeness that meant exclude kegs/babes too.

So there is a rationale, even if it does penalize low tier teams (though I added in bribes and chef to somewhat compensate - admittedly, I forgot about Ogres!).

Out of interest (and I'm probably being stupid) Why would you take an induced merc over a regular rostered player in a tournament?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Cookie wrote:Out of interest (and I'm probably being stupid) Why would you take an induced merc over a regular rostered player in a tournament?
One would only normally do it on Loner players (as the Merc's added Loner "skill" is then mitigated as the player already has it ;) ); generally this means the big guys. For an 80k premium one gets an extra skilled player.

Norse are a good example: they have a competent team at 1M, then you add tourney skills. In this event ones Runner may take Dodge as my game one skill, and one would also have a Snow Troll with Mighty Blow.

That extra skilled player, that can remove opponents more easily, may make a big difference.

The price one pays is not having more players oneself.
Pros and cons.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cookie »

lunchmoney wrote: One would only normally do it on Loner players (as the Merc's added Loner "skill" is then mitigated as the player already has it ;) ); generally this means the big guys. For an 80k premium one gets an extra skilled player.
s.
Fair enough, though it strikes me as gaming the skill system of a tournament a little bit! But I can see why you might do it if allowed.

vulturesquadron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vulturesquadron »

Are there still places left for this?

Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cookie »

vulturesquadron wrote:Are there still places left for this?
Yes, there should still be a couple of spaces left, will confirm at the Store tomorrow.

Si