Argue the Call and bribes

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Argue the Call and bribes

Post by CyberedElf »

Bribe is used when the player is sent to the dungeon after a foul or at the end of drive they played in for secret weapons.
If a SW was on the pitch this drive, but is now in the KO box, they get sent to the dungeon at the end of the drive before KO rolls.
Argue the Call and bribes are always used at the same time.
Since it is ruled that the order of Argue the Call and bribe is up to the coach, I would assume the order of multiple SW at the end of the drive is up to the coach. I. e. one at a time.

Reason: ''
Strider84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Strider84 »

Necroing this thread:

If a deathroller rolls a double while fouling and argue the call is successful, does he have to roll again at the end of the drive because he played in this drive or is he "save" because he did not play at the end of the drive?

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Strider84 wrote:Necroing this thread:

If a deathroller rolls a double while fouling and argue the call is successful, does he have to roll again at the end of the drive because he played in this drive or is he "save" because he did not play at the end of the drive?
You have argue the call for the foul, you need to argue the call again for the Secret Weapon (or use a bribe).

I'm afraid he is not "save" ;)

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Strider84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Strider84 »

Any kind of rules clarifications to back this up or is this your take on this?

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Strider84 wrote:Any kind of rules clarifications to back this up or is this your take on this?
"you can argue the call when one of your players is sent off for committing a foul or using a Secret Weapon" (pag. 38 WD).

The rule said that you can argue at the moment your player is sent off. If you roll double in a fault, at that moment your player is sent off. After the final drive or touchdown, your player is sent off again. Moreover, the rule said that you can argue "for committing a foul OR using a Secret Weapon", one thing or the other, no both of them.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Strider84
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Strider84 »

Sounds convincing, thanks