OBBLM - creating a schedule when not all teams are created

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

OBBLM - creating a schedule when not all teams are created

Post by mepmuff »

I'm setting up a new season of our league and have two coaches that I expect to play, but have yet to create their teams and confirm their participation. Both their teams will be the eighth in their respective conference.

Does anyone know if I can create a schedule (round robin) now and insert their teams at a later point in time?

Reason: ''
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM - creating a schedule when not all teams are creat

Post by Vanguard »

No, not very easily. The best solution I've used is to create a team for each player (don't need to buy any players, just create the team) and use that for the scheduling. Hopefully, you know the races, so the players can then just create their teams when ready. Otherwise, if they change race or are still deciding between various veteran teams, it's a case of manually deleting the seven matches the placeholder was involved in and recreating with the chosen team.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Alternatively, create with seven as round robin, then change to FFA. Then add in the extra game per round. Works okay.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

sann0638 wrote:Alternatively, create with seven as round robin, then change to FFA. Then add in the extra game per round. Works okay.
Ah, good shout. This works well going from an odd number to and even number of teams, as each round always has one team with a 'bye'.
Doesn't work as well going from an even number to odd, as you need to add an extra round and re-shuffle the matches. Of course, this assumes that the rounds are important to your league. If you have a freeform schedule, then it's less important.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good point re even/odd, yep.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Thanks so far guys. I think I can make this work with your tips.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!