Hard 6 Superbowl iii Results and Feedback

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Hard 6 Superbowl iii Results and Feedback

Post by hard6 »

Firstly, thank you to everyone who attended Superbowl iii and helped make it amazing as it was, the attitude and enthusiasm from every single player was amazing. We were thinking of moving venue to a larger area but from the feedback I have had so far already we will keep this to 30-40 players and run a separate event somewhere else for our larger event.

Thanks to Goblin Gaming for such wonderful prize support, every order placed by clicking on the banner on our website at http://www.hard6.co.uk or through this link https://www.goblingaming.co.uk/?tap_a=1 ... 347-dfc7b8 helps support our podcast and helps us host events full of fantastic prizes.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on the day (as I was on my own for this one) in particular Seb Grose-Hodge for helping me with spare player duties and Nick Tolfree who has once again proved he is the nicest guy in the hobby world.

OK onto the results.

1st Place Coach - Phil Anderson (With a better Touchdown Difference by just 2 TD)
2nd Place Coach - Pete W
3rd Place Coach - Joe Hainstock

Best Sports - YOGI!!!!!

MVP - Thomas Mcgivern
Best Stadium - Matt Hinton
Most Bloody - Bart Kolo

Runner up Best Painted team - Bart Kolo
Best Painted team - Phil Anderson

Full Results can be seen here
Results PDF SB3.pdf
I have uploaded pictures from the event here http://www.hard6.co.uk/gallery.html

Once again thank you all for coming and I hope to see you at Superbowl iv which will be held on 24th February 2018. Tickets are already on sale for this at a cost of £20 via paypal to jayhopkinson@gmail.com. The comp will have one thing added to it after feedback from players at this event and that will be a bonus for doing casualties in a bid to keep bash teams in line with dodge teams.

Feel free to leave feedback whether good or bad and if it's bad I will strive to make the next one even better.

THANK YOU ALL!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Hard 6 Superbowl iii Results and Feedback

Post by Wulfyn »

Hard to know what to say for feedback other than great job! Venue was good, spacious, and easy to get to. All materials easily provided. Lunch was great. Ticket price was great. And after the games are finished you are already in the pub. Honestly wouldn't change anything. Before the tournament I was thinking the skill package was a little too kind to Tier 2, but then we had Dark Elves, Wood Elves, and Undead finish top 3 so clearly not a big issue!

Great to meet so many new people. Loved the passion that the DBL guys brought to the game and will definitely have to play more games with you guys. Grats to Phil on a super victory, and to all my opponents for the super games.

Looking forward to the next one already :)

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

+1 to Wulfyn. All excellent. Great location too - I parked about 2metres from the door to the pub... in central London!

I like 4 games in a day too. That was good.

Skill package good.

We were discussing tie-breakers. I think you could extend the 2 TD win to all four games. I have played plenty of games as orcs where I have stalled for a boring 1-0 instead of pushing the bracket to steal and try to win 2-0. Or games where I have pushed them to score early, so I can then grind a boring 2-1. The big win bonus points make a difference to bashy play, as well as elfy play.

I wouldn't factor cas into a tiebreaker as that is more dice than tactics or strategy.

Or, consider the biased draw where you seed the players before round 1 and force the 'good' coaches (or better coaches with sensible races) to play each other in round one. That would lessen the chances of coaches ending on the same W/L/D points. Maybe.

Thx Jay!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
DBL_Official
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DBL_Official »

Absolutely fantastic event 5 of us from the London Wargaming Guild ventured down for Blood Bowl, Beers and Fun and we got all three. We'll definitely be coming back with more of the lads from the DBL (you have been warned, that was only 10% of us)...

Venue was a corker, nice and spacious, thoroughly enjoyed playing outside and entertaining ourselves in the disco caravan.

Dan the Aussie stated that he enjoyed, "The Beer Selection"

Whilst Phil (The Champ) has this to add, "Outstanding tournament, couldn't have hoped for a better group of coaches. Some gorgeous teams, excellent venue and 4 top games!"

Oli and Matt were unable to comment as they're 'still' hungover.

We'd all like to pass our thanks on to Hard6 and the guys for running the event was an absolute hoot! Now we've got to return the favour before the next one,

Cordially,
COMMISH

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Hi Jay

Do you know when you might get the NAF results uploaded to the NAF site?

Cheers!

Pete

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

If he sends them to me, I'll sort it. Hopefully a few more NAF coaches than last time!

Mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

PeteW wrote:Hi Jay

Do you know when you might get the NAF results uploaded to the NAF site?

Cheers!

Pete
This is on my list of things to do tomorrow (Friday)

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Thanks Jay!

I thought my r3 opponent said he was NAF registered... He was using dark elves.