Making the Khorne team more fluffy

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Making the Khorne team more fluffy

Post by frogboy »

How about having a Gorebeast instead of a Herald as the Big Guy? Think that would fit the Fluff quite well and also means your not having a strength 5 Herald which may be a little too much considering the size, just an Idea.

Take the Mutation off the Bloodletters as they already have Claw and really what other "Blessing" is Khorne going to bestow other than that.

Another way to perhaps show "Khorne fluff" using the Blood Bowl rules/skills could be Multiple Block, Khorne is all about giving his minions extra attacks.

Just ideas :orc:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thinking on it more, if ever there was a (non BG/Stunty) team that shouldn't have G access as standard, then Khorne is it.
I'm almost tempted to make the Thugs and Khorngor AG2, but that's too much I think (*laments that ball handling and moving around are covered by one stat :(* ).

Remove the Apo as well.

0-16 60K Thug 6338 Frenzy SM
0-2 90K Khorngor 6338 Frenzy, Horns, Juggernaut - SM
0-2 120K Bloodletters 6418 Frenzy, Claw, Regen - SM
0-1 180K Herald 6519 Frenzy, Claw, Regen, Horns, Juggernaut + Loner, Wild Animal - SM
Rerolls 70K. No Apo

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok here is my version...

0-16 ??K Thug 6338 Frenzy GM (PAS)
0-2 ??K Khorngor 6338 Frenzy, Horns, Dauntless - GSM (PA)
0-2 ???K Bloodletters 6438 Frenzy, Claw, Horns, Regen - GS (PA)
0-1 ???K Gorebeast 6529 Multiple Block, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut, Break Tackle + Loner, Wild Animal - SM (GAP)

Not sure on costs of re-rolls or Gorebeast/players. Not sure I agree with there being no Apo

Edited this about one million times now :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

plasmoid wrote: Harvestmouse said:
Deamons don't mutate, so it would be the other way around.
I get that - and I used to have a homemade all-daemon team, where the daemons didn't have M-access for that very reason.
However, the only official daemonic entity currently in BB is the Beast of Nurgle - and it has M (on doubles) , so there is a precedent there.
The beast of nurgle was originally a daemonic steed. A slug like entity. However around 2000 the BoN was changed to an upgrade for a spawn. Basically all the daemonic steeds were changed to god
specific spawn upgrades. So the BoN is not a daemon, it's a chaos spawn.

A spawn is in simple terms is a failed attempt at chaos princedom by a chaos champion.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I don't know... I looked around online, and it was described as daemonic plenty Places.

Most notably (in a 30 second search): In the 2013 rules for the Beast of Nurgle rules it's list of special rules includes "Daemon of Nurgle" and "Daemonic Instability"...

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Well I no longer follow Warhammer so on looking:

The beast of nurgle started out like https://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2 ... Nurgle.jpg

This was it's original incarnation and was classed as a daemonic steed.

However with 6th edition warhammer they simplified things and the daemonic steeds became Chaos Spawn upgrades. This is what our BoN is based off of http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RdlUaZZHu34/V ... /Beast.jpg

It seems the current age of sigmar one (which seems similar to the one appearing in BB2) doesn't appear to be a spawn anymore. It's not clear its a daemon, but probably is. Upon reading there are current references that come from the old original BoN "creature that behaves in all respects exactly like an over-friendly and easily excited puppy." come from the original BoN description from WD/realm of chaos in the 80s. (However, this isn't what our BoN was based to be). https://www.games-workshop.com/resource ... eNEW01.jpg

Ours came out and based upon the Chaos Spawn version of the BoN. A chaos spawn is a creature that can no longer handle it's chaos gifts and mutates into a hideous form. So.........for me it was intended to be a spawn like creature and should stay one, not a daemonic steed type thing.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I always thought of it as a spawn too. Multiple mutations and for reasons shown above. Its nothing like the Beast of Nurgle from warhammer, due to its mutations. I thought the name more implied it was a beast, on the Nurgle Team.

I didn't want to put my foot in it, but cant think of any other deamons that mutate? Thought the contact of them or chaos was what mutates, for example skaven because of warpstone. Deamons already live in chaos so their form is none altered. Its stuff that lives in the "real world" that mutates, beastmen, humans skaven etc.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

All Daemons mutate, always have.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:All Daemons mutate, always have.
Yeah, though it is often called "gifts" in newer books which can be confusing.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
I believe Darkson and Spubbbba are right - Daemons do mutate, by getting "gifts". So M (on doubles?) makes sense.

Darkson said:
If Khorne Thugs don't get M access then you need to remove it from Pact Marauders.
I don't really think that I do, any more than I need Thugs to have access to P+S skills.
I think it would be perfectly fine to have the lowest level of minion be non-mutating.
Kind of like hobgolins.
But I'd like to hear what others think. It's not like I'm married to the idea of non-mutant linemen.

Frogboy said:
How about having a Gorebeast instead of a Herald as the Big Guy? Think that would fit the Fluff quite well and also means your not having a strength 5 Herald which may be a little too much considering the size, just an Idea.
Hmmm - Gorebeasts are a lot like steeds, aren't they?
Either way, I checked out the stats for a Herald, and he is perfectly capable of mauling an Ogre, so I don't think that ST5 is in any way problematic. (In the latest warhammer stats I could find, he even had S5 - along with WS7, which is what would make him more dangerous than an ogre).

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead