Blood Bowl Grand Tournament - 19th & 20th May 2018

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Bowl Grand Tournament - 19th & 20th May 2018

Post by hard6 »

We are very happy to announce that after a lot of hard work we are able to host a wonderful tournament in London at the Olympic Stadium!

After running 4 Superbowl events under the Hard6 banner we have been asked to host another event at the London GT. A large event showcasing multiple systems. Adding Blood Bowl to this exhibition is a bit of a dream come true for us.

The Blood Bowl GT is set to be the UK's most exciting new Blood Bowl Cup. Featuring some of the top players from around the world along with fresh coaches keen to earn their coaching badges or anyone who just wants experience a whole weekend of Blood Bowl for the first time.

There's one thing that's bringing all these coaches together, their love for Blood Bowl and their love of being in a fantastic venue with like minded people looking to have a great time.

This event is brought to you by Hard 6, in partnership with the LGT

What:
The Blood Bowl GT is a 5 match, NAF sanctioned event. NAF membership will be included in the ticket price for new players. The tournament pack, can be found here https://www.lgtpresents.co.uk/bloodbowlgt and if you have any queries at all, please get in touch here. hard6gt@gmail.com

When:
19th-20th May 2018

Where:
Olympic Stadium (entrance B), Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST

Where can I get tickets:
Tickets can be purchased from our webstore https://www.lgtpresents.co.uk/store for just £40 incl. NAF memebership.

We are really looking forward to seeing new players and regulars alike. We have met some amazing people since running the events and really hope to see many more of you at this prestigious event.

Tickets are on sale now!

Jay tournament organiser

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl Grand Tournament - 19th & 20th May 2018

Post by lunchmoney »

Will there be much confusion with the BB GT that was and is now NAFC? I hope not :)

Added to the calendar. :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Bought my ticket :) Just to point out, you also need a £10 convention pass so £50 total to play.

TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

hard6 wrote: NAF membership will be included in the ticket price for new players.
Jay tournament organiser
So how much are tickets for existing Naf members?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

What's the capacity for this event?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I doubt they will, but this was the name of GW's flagship event, so they might ask you to change it.
Moved to correct forum.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Forgive me if I'm missing something here but this event seems to be promoting itself as a direct competitor to the NAF Champs, particularly as its in the same month. Is that the intention, and with NAF approval?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I think it is just a case of an enthusiastic naming strategy. Let's not give these guys a hard time on here again, they are awesome!

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I dont think there's any intention to directly compete with NAFC. As Joe says it's just enthusiastic naming :)

Wish I'd thought of it years ago; Exiles GT has a nice ring to it ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
hard6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hard6 »

I will try to answer all the questions in this post.

So how much are tickets for existing Naf members?
The tickets are the smae price for NAF members but we are trying to get new players signed up to the NAF and have to pay for it out of our own pocket so sadly no NAF discount this year as we are already making a huge loss. However there are plans to try and get existing NAF members something extra for their goody bags.

Will there be much confusion with the BB GT that was and is now NAFC? I hope not - No I had another event scheduled one week after the NAFC and I spoke to NAF about it and decided to move it further away, as a result of moving it further away I had to find another venue and it's fair to say we have landed on our feet here.

What's the capacity for this event? - The capacity for this event is 60 players, however because it is at the Olymipic stadium they have more space available and depending on ticket sales they are happy to increase it if I can demonstrate demand for a BLood Bowl event.

I doubt they will, but this was the name of GW's flagship event, so they might ask you to change it. - Warhammer TV will be attending amongst other things and they are fine with the name.

I don't think there's any intention to directly compete with NAFC. - We have no intention to "compete" with NAFC we just want to run events and get more people playing blood bowl, we have good sponsors and backers at our disposal so why not give something back to the community by hosting a fantastic event at a fantastic venue. And we want to give people the opportunity to play in London with its great travel connections, it's been too long since there was a proper hobby convention for enthusiasts.

I hope that answers everything so far.

Thanks
Jay

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Good luck

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That's cool on the name, I just know that sometimes GW has got funny on those sort of things. If they're happy then you've got no problems. :)

Good luck with it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

INTERESTED

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Do you want to make a list of people that have paid? I know I made a point of putting my NAF information in when I was buying the ticket but whether that gets back to the organisers is unknown.

Wotfudboy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wotfudboy »

PAID! Looking forward to playing at the Olympic Stadium too!