Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post by Wobert »

Twelfman wrote:It's sad that this isn't happening any more :( I have no doubt whatsoever that if I turned up to this tournament I would have had a blast.
The only positive is that you will be forever the reigning Foul Bowl champion!

Reason: ''
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Wobert wrote:
Twelfman wrote:It's sad that this isn't happening any more :( I have no doubt whatsoever that if I turned up to this tournament I would have had a blast.
The only positive is that you will be forever the reigning Foul Bowl champion!
Don't tell him that!

KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by KhorneliusPraxx »

Ha...I already bought nonrefundable airplane tickets to be there. Evansville, Indiana to Chicago, Illinois to Toronto, Ontario to Reykjavik, Iceland to Manchester, England to "Get to Wales by whatever means necessary."

Wife already decided we were going to Wales in 2018 and I refuse to come in winter so that other Welsh tournament was out of the question.

I beg that one of you other UK coaches throw together a Welsh tournament during the originally scheduled Foul Bowl 3 weekend or the weekend before it. :wink:

TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:Ha...I already bought nonrefundable airplane tickets to be there. Evansville, Indiana to Chicago, Illinois to Toronto, Ontario to Reykjavik, Iceland to Manchester, England to "Get to Wales by whatever means necessary."

Wife already decided we were going to Wales in 2018 and I refuse to come in winter so that other Welsh tournament was out of the question.

I beg that one of you other UK coaches throw together a Welsh tournament during the originally scheduled Foul Bowl 3 weekend or the weekend before it. :wink:
Mate it's Wales. It's practically winter all year round. You're fooked!

Stunty Cup:
Big Bad Bloodbowl Barbecue 2 - 2021
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:Ha...I already bought nonrefundable airplane tickets to be there....

Dude your crazy and why you no answering your PM's? I've been trying to message you for ages, and it's the reason i haven't cancelled it before now. Just gave up and thought you weren't serious as last year you expressed interest on the FUMBBL thread but understandably didn't attend (its a long way for a one day BB event).

Sorry to do this but it feels like theres a witch hunt going on in here and aint nobody got time for that! This ain't the only place that people be hating either, facebook, twitter, dam heathens...

Check your messages, my offer still stands, I can help you out when you arrive and we can sort out some blood bowl, theres bound to be some on somewhere, the calendar is jamed that time of year, Exiles, GertBowl Albion Coast to name a few. If not we will book some tables down Firestorm games and get a bunch of boys down to play a tournement. I just can't run it...
Screenshot_20171104-222845.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

frogboy wrote:
KhorneliusPraxx wrote:Ha...I already bought nonrefundable airplane tickets to be there....

Dude your crazy and why you no answering your PM's? I've been trying to message you for ages, and it's the reason i haven't cancelled it before now. Just gave up and thought you weren't serious as last year you expressed interest on the FUMBBL thread but understandably didn't attend (its a long way for a one day BB event).

Sorry to do this but it feels like theres a witch hunt going on in here and aint nobody got time for that! This ain't the only place that people be hating either, facebook, twitter, dam heathens...

Check your messages, my offer still stands, I can help you out when you arrive and we can sort out some blood bowl, theres bound to be some on somewhere, the calendar is jamed that time of year, Exiles, GertBowl Albion Coast to name a few. If not we will book some tables down Firestorm games and get a bunch of boys down to play a tournement. I just can't run it...
Screenshot_20171104-222845.png
No worries. You do what you have to do.

I got your message but like I said, I am coming regardless. I assumed it was cancelled and I would just occasionally check in to see if something else came up. When I decide to travel to a place, I simple look to see if there are any tournaments. I was going to play in your tourney because I was coming there anyway. I wasn't going to Wales JUST because of your tournament. :-) Me scheduling for this time period didn't screw me or anything because I wouldn't have came to the other Welsh tourney in January anyway. It was yours or nothing. Welsh Open was never an option. My other two options were Zambia or Indonesia and trust me, I would have had no Blood Bowl there either. ;-)

KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

TheVoiceofJericho wrote:
I hope not...I plan on diving while I'm there too. You mean the water won't be as warm as Thailand or Tahiti?! :lol:

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
TheVoiceofJericho wrote:
I hope not...I plan on diving while I'm there too. You mean the water won't be as warm as Thailand or Tahiti?! :lol:
Enjoy that dip in a muddy estuary. Just fill your bath with cold water from a puddle and sit in that for an hour. will be much cheaper.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Hey it's only those scruffy Newportians that don't clean up their estuary. We have a nice Bay in Cardiff where you can dive for Ford Fiestas

Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Just run it as a non sanctioned event, you'll still get people coming along. The only big differences are
No NAF trophy to award
No results to mess around getting into the right format to upload to the website.

Ive had people say they wont come to mine because its a dry event.
I get the feeling there could be more non sanctioned events in the future as people will want to run more events using teams from GW like the app ones or not use Brets and Knorne.

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

This is ridiculous. Rory withdrew the tournament before applying for naf sanctioning with the app teams. There are a load of untruths going on here and I have tried to stay quiet. But it's not good enough.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

A tourney can be NAF sanctioned and allow non NAF teams; it's in the charter thing.

Anyway.... A new one on this date is now going on --> http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 59&t=44480

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

Stay quiet/silence others. Same diff

Stunty Cup:
Big Bad Bloodbowl Barbecue 2 - 2021
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

sann0638 wrote:This is ridiculous. Rory withdrew the tournament before applying for naf sanctioning with the app teams. There are a load of untruths going on here and I have tried to stay quiet. But it's not good enough.
Welcome to the dark side Mike, where trying to be reasonable and helpful brands you by the devil. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Going to post this in a few places, just to get the facts across: http://www.sann0638.co.uk/foulbowl-facts/

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler