Flame Bowl 3 and 4 Results - Help Needed!!

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Flame Bowl 3 and 4 Results - Help Needed!!

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Helloo Blood Bowlers,

In the wake of the excellent new addition to the NAF coachpages, I'm trying to pull together the results of the Flame Bowl tournaments.

I've found everything I need for FlameBowls 1 and 2, but the results for 3 and 4 (that took place at the Hellfire Club and the AWOL mill, respectively) seem to have been lost in the mists of time and Jim's singed hair, in typically shambolic FlameBowl style.

I know the team and individual winners or the 3rd and 4th tournaments, but nothing else.

So, what I need to know for FlameBowls 3 and 4 is:

The 4 team members of the runner-up team
The individual runner-up
Best Painted winner
Stunty Cup winner
Most Cas winner
Most TD winner

If you won one of these or if you were there and remember who won, please post below and remind me! Thanks all!

Reason: ''
That's huge
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: Flame Bowl 3 and 4 Results - Help Needed!!

Post by Pipey »

It's possible I was second (individual) at Flame Bowl IV at the Mill. Jimjimany was winning individual I believe. Really not sure.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

For IV, I seem to remember Geoff doing well with a 'silly' Chaos build, might be worth checking with them if they came 2nd.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

My recollection is:

FB2: Winners: Geordies / 2nd: Team FUMBBL (whatever we were called, me, PeteW, Pigstar, Sillysod?). Individual: Wightlord / me.

FB3: Winners: Geordies / 2nd: Swim Team (me, Geoff, Frazer, Sillysod). Individual: Sillysod (I'm sure of this - I think his very low tier team got lots of BPs?) / can't remember.

FB4: Winners: Swim Team (Frazer, Sillysod, Barney, Geoff) / 2nd:... I guess the Geordies? Individual: Jim / Brendan.

Apologies that isn't anywhere near complete, and my memory may be rubbish. But I think that's right? I checked the threads in Tournament Postings, but I think the screengrabs of results are lost in the mists of time.

Either way, we need more Flame Bowl in our lives, I think. Happy times, a great event!

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Yes Geoff went 3/2/1 or something with Chaos (FB4 at the Mill) but received lots of bonus points for using a lower tier build. Might have been ahead of me (4/2/0 with lizards).

At FB3 (in the dingy dungeon) Ironjaw did very well bagging a 5/1/0 I believe with CDs. But he lost out to Sillysod on the low tier bonus points (Underworld?). So Leon may have been second.

Memories...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Pipey wrote:Yes Geoff went 3/2/1 or something with Chaos (FB4 at the Mill) but received lots of bonus points for using a lower tier build. Might have been ahead of me (4/2/0 with lizards).

At FB3 (in the dingy dungeon) Ironjaw did very well bagging a 5/1/0 I believe with CDs. But he lost out to Sillysod on the low tier bonus points (Underworld?). So Leon may have been second.

Memories...
Good that WDL primacy's not a new argument then :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Don't. Along with being a much missed, quality event, Flame Bowl is also the cause of more good natured argument than you can shake a stick at, even years after the fact.

'The Flame Bowl 2 ending' is something still bickered about now, eight years on. I should think it'll still be a thing during any future nuclear winter. But we'd do it all again, especially if Mark controlled proceedings on the smallest laptop known to man.

Memories indeed.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Was it actually small, or just relative to him?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

It was the size of a tablet before the days of tablets. I still don't know how it worked; my PC was the size of a small house in those days.

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Thanks for this excellent info thus far, please keep it coming. It's like the wisdom of crowds, or democracy in action, or something.

There's just one thing that troubles me...I seem to remember giving out an award to the Booty Batterers at FB3! Did they not pip the Swim Team after a dramatic last round capitulation and some heroics defeating FireOlli with a tiny team on a tiny table by the toilet??

Also I note that Shane can now be recognised for his Inappropriate Blood Bowling Attire award at FB1, which is all good and proper.

That's huge
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

As for a repeat of the event - next year is the 10th anniversary, so what better time to come back hot and hard with Flame Bowl V??!!?

That's huge
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Coming back hot n’ hard would be immense. :D

My recollection of FB III was that Swim Team were leading going into R6 and we narrowly lost to the Booty Batterers, meaning we were pipped by the Geordies. I didn’t think we were overhauled for second, but you’ve put doubt in my mind now!

Bollocksed if I can remember. Suggest you ask a Batterer, my memory is absolutely not trustworthy! ;)

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

sann0638 wrote:
Pipey wrote:Yes Geoff went 3/2/1 or something with Chaos (FB4 at the Mill) but received lots of bonus points for using a lower tier build. Might have been ahead of me (4/2/0 with lizards).

Memories...
Good that WDL primacy's not a new argument then :D
Ah but! This was a different take on it. The idea was to award good performances with low-tier teams beating higher-tier teams - that earned a lot of BPs. And it was a very deliberate design feature of the rules. So...the debate rages on. Furthermore, expect things to get even more complex in FB5, where you have to surrender team points for each duplicate skill, stat upgrade or Wardancer (or something :wink: )

That's huge
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Further scrutiny reveals the Booty Batterers were in fact third at Flame Bowl 3, so that's that mystery laid to rest. If anyone wants to claim the TD, Cas, Stunty or painting awards, let me know!

That's huge
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I won all those. All years.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.