Kickstarter: Sons of Odin

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Kickstarter: Sons of Odin

Post by jesusharly »

hello greetings, here I leave the link to my personal team project

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/38 ... football-0

Reason: ''
The_Murker
Rookie
Rookie

Cool Norse Kickstarter Not Rolling

Post by The_Murker »

This cool norse team looks like it might go unfunded, which would be a shame, as the new giant mini he has added as a stretch goal looks pretty cool.

I'm in it for the troll and the Thor mini. First thing I'll do is cut off the silly football-hammer.

Has this already been posted here and I just missed it?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Cool Norse Kickstarter Not Rolling

Post by lunchmoney »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44523
The creators post.
They look good, I'd be all over it if funds were all tied up.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cool Norse Kickstarter Not Rolling

Post by jesusharly »

Hello thank you for the comments, yes, it would be a pity that it was not founded, it has been a project that I have given you a lot of effort and time

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Kickstarter: Sons of Odin

Post by Darkson »

Merged.

I like the team, but a lack of "promotion" hasn't helped it (the creator's initial post didn't even name the team until I added it), it was posted here after the dice had expired, there's no pics in the post to encourage people to take a look, and the creator hasn't engaged here, which means they've probably gone under the radar.
Add in a bad time of year (for me) for KS backing and I passed.

Hopefully if it doesn't fund you try again in the new year, with a bit better promotion of the team.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jesusharly »

It may be that at the beginning I did not do it all right, but now you can get 20 miniatures for about € 70, I think it's a very good price

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Just before Christmas rules out any interest in Kickstarters for me, and I'm sure many others will be the same.

You're not the only one struggling, Rolljordan (a well established Fantasy Football 3rd party producer) are not finding it easy getting their Lizards Kickstarter over the line as well, its nowhere near hitting any stretch goals either.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Its a nice looking team but there are several things that were done wrong here to get it to fund (speaking from experience of having run several of these).

1) KickStarters that end on or after Black Friday have a significantly less chance to fund. You just do not have a KS finish in December unless you are thousands of fans of your business. (the other time period of death is around Gen Con).

2) You had the team painted but didn't use them as the close up. Instead you used digital renders. Just not salesman ship in the project.

3) Low amount of pre-advertising combined with a first 24 hour item. Later backers hate early bird specials. It makes them feel like they missed out and often creates enough negative thoughts to make them not pledge. Most experienced KS project creators would encourage you to not do any early backer specials at all.

4) Messed up shipping. When you realized the shipping was entered incorrectly ... you needed to cancel and wait until January to run it correctly. Many backers are going to walk away at 15 Euros to the UK.

5) KickStarter does no advertising for you. Creating a KS does not mean you'll get backers even if the product is good. You need to hit the street and be selling it as best you can. That means when you post it to someplace like here ... it is with close up of the painted figures and a lot of them in the post. You need to beat the streets to get the backers.

6) The stretch goals make no sense. 1 Euro increment stretch goals? There is no point to that. Just include them all in the beginning offering for the team set to make it more impressive. You have 5 meaningless stretch goals that you could have included with the team from the beginning of the project to make the team offering more impressive to possible backers.

7) Backers like to get full 16 man teams. There should be a reward level that offers the 13 player team + Son of Odin + Daughter of Odin + the first 5 stretch goals (which should not be stretch goals) for a great discounted price. That is the level backers would be most interested in.

8 - ) Scale reference. Couple things on this. Label the figures in your scale reference (ie current GW lineman, GW new dwarf) and then label your figures ... it helps to make it easy to see what is what. Along those lines ... your image looks apples to oranges because the GW figure is not based and that changes the height slightly. So for presentation I'd base the GW figures the same as yours and have them level surface side by side to show scale. Also in the first run of this project you said the figures were 35mm scale. Did you mean 35mm tall or 35mm scale. If you actually meant 35mm scale ... I'd pull them back as the current BB scale is 32mm scale. Scale is not the same as height ... so hopefully these are not actually 35mm scale.

I am listing all of this out because its a nice looking team and I hope you can get it funded ... but you need to work on the advertising, presentation and the timing more I think to make it happen.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jesusharly »

Thank you very much for the advice, I will be very aware of it, if I believe that I made very important mistakes that I tried to rectify, we hope that this project ends and then we will see ... thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jesusharly »

Last 48 h. New update, new miniature

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

jesusharly wrote:It may be that at the beginning I did not do it all right, but now you can get 20 miniatures for about € 70, I think it's a very good price
The price wasn't/isn't the issue, it was/is the things I mentioned in my post (plus the things Galak mentioned in more detail).

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't get a last minute boost, and you relist it (with the points Galak pointed out above) in January when I'll be able to back.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jesusharly »

Darkson wrote:
jesusharly wrote:It may be that at the beginning I did not do it all right, but now you can get 20 miniatures for about € 70, I think it's a very good price
The price wasn't/isn't the issue, it was/is the things I mentioned in my post (plus the things Galak mentioned in more detail).

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't get a last minute boost, and you relist it (with the points Galak pointed out above) in January when I'll be able to back.
if, and tried to solve the problems, anyway I remember the buyers of Uk compensated with a more free miniature, to compensate the shipping costs

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Sorry to see it not fund ... I hope you can look over my full list of suggestions above and do all of them and try again in January or February.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Some good, constructive feedback here. Good luck getting this up-and-running in the new year.

jesusharly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jesusharly »

Hello again, yesterday the kickstarter finished and it did not go well, I just wanted to thank those who trusted and believed in me from the beginning, say that I do not lose the desire to get it out for all the messages and support received, in a while I will return to re-edit it again will be more economical, better organized and with more rewards, thanks