This is a "Big Guy Deathroller", is it balanced ?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

chsic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chsic »

Well on, if the deathroller loses the penalty roll , is needed a compensation for height.
( I had proposed the loss of the tacke zone)

Reason: ''
@+
Chris
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

it isn't a star player anymore, because star players aren't allowed as permanent players anymore. Therefore there is no reason to stay so close to the original. hence str 6 in stead of st 7.

no teams are allowed to have a star player permanently, so why reintroduce this with the deathroller

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Toby

Post by Toby »

its a big guy. this is an attempt to make a deathroller that is covered by big guy rules.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

The :pissed: deathroller :pissed: is :pissed: a :pissed: secret :pissed: weapon :pissed: not :pissed: a :pissed: smegging :pissed: big :pissed: guy.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thadrin wrote:The :pissed: deathroller :pissed: is :pissed: a :pissed: secret :pissed: weapon :pissed: not :pissed: a :pissed: smegging :pissed: big :pissed: guy.
Not polite, but correct.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Toby

Post by Toby »

This is the freaking house rules section and the headline of this topic says it all.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

fair point Tony! I would rather have the DR as something to keep on the team as I love the model.

I like the loss of its own tackle zone as well as ignoring others
I like the ageing without gaining skills
I agree that thick skull is pointless

but I think that it would be too much a valuable asset unless it is a Big Guy and unable to reroll stuff

Also make it 4 troll Slayers to keep the AG2 in place for the majority of the team rather than increase the Blitzers or runners

I love House rules

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

I love the Death roller. I think that we should keep the penalty roll after each drive to keep the balance in check. It also seems much more dwarfy than an ogre to me. As for spps I like whyat has already been said in regards to no new skills but open to aging as the machinery wears down, gerat idea. S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

voyagers_uk wrote:fair point Tony!
Subtle sarcasm, or a genuine blooper? :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

Darkson wrote:
Thadrin wrote:The :pissed: deathroller :pissed: is :pissed: a :pissed: secret :pissed: weapon :pissed: not :pissed: a :pissed: smegging :pissed: big :pissed: guy.
Not polite, but correct.
It is definately a secret weapon but I do have some sympathy with Toby's interpretation.

After all purchasing a Deathroller completely changes the stats, skills and on-pitch abilitys of the player, essentially making them redundent.

As far as I can see though this is a problem that extends to all the secret weapons at the moment though, like Big Guys they were concieved as things only available through Star Player cards and patching them into the main rules without a bit more of a rethink doesn't quite work.

Sorry, started on topic but drifted a bit, I think what i'm trying to say is that while I do sympathise with Toby's idea it's not really the way forward, lets work on the secret weapon rules instead.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Alesdair
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Alesdair »

How about it being a secret weapon that is not buyable with players.

It can only be given to one teammember when they roll dubs.

Make it the same in all ways to the death roller, and make it's cost (to be payed at the time of the dubs roll) to be 90k.

The player looses all skills he has while piloting, gaining the skills of the roller.

And can still be sent off for bringing on a secret weapon. And have it possibly taken away from him like any other secret weapon.

If the Deathroller is knocked down, not only is it removed from the rest of the game, but also roll armour on the pilot.

Stunned or armour holds-> place him in the reseves as the longbeard he was, his roller is out till next game tho.
KO -> place him in the KO box as the longbeard he was, his roller is out till next game tho..
Hurt -> he is out for the rest of the game
Seriously injured -> as per normal serious injury roll, but because he won't be turning up next game neither will his toy roller.
Dead -> you better hope you have an apothacary spare, cause loose him, loose his roller.

Pass me another Elf, Captain. This one's split.