Cheerleaders

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BoP
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BoP »

[quote="NightDragon"]Explain what is wrong with the current Cheerleaders rule?[/quote]
For me, it is the feeling that, compared to Assistant Coaches, their game effect is inferiour. They affect a single dice roll which is heavily influenced by Fan Factor, while the Assistant Coaches are the only modifier on their respective roll.
Thus, I feel that Cheerleaders could bear a little booster to become more attractive (no pun intended), making the choice between them and Assistant Coaches a bit harder.

On the other hand, I wouldn't expect players to like rolling dice to earn extra dice to ..., so just adding a simple number to an existing dice roll seems appropriately easy to me.

So, ten Cheerleaders would generate on average additional 5,000 GP income per match (for both teams), or 500 GP per cheerleader, right? That's (three times) more than what Khrage suggests, but with less dice-rolling involved. I feel that this still isn't very unbalancing, but gives the extra appeal to favor Cheerleaders over the Assistant Coaches' more dominating influence on kick-offs.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Don't you just love it when somebody resurrects a 14 month old thread? :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Personally I still don't see that cheerleaders need changing. They are not as influential as coaches is real life so why should they be in BB.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
BoP
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BoP »

>> [Cheerleaders] are not as influential as coaches is real life so
>> why should they be in BB.

Because from a game design point of view, every option should (in an ideal world) be equally attractive to the player making the choice. So, if two options cost the same but one is more effective, chances are we will see this option taken more often, making for a more uniform (and thus boring) look of the game as a whole.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Then reduce the cost of Cheerleaders.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

We're looking at a house rule for cheerleaders. At the end of a game roll x dice (where x is anumber you choose). If the total of the dice is less than the number of cheereleaders you have, add x to your fanfactor roll for the game.

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
Alesdair
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Alesdair »

1. We are??

2. Huh? roll at the end of the game? for fan factor increase for that game? I assume you ment begining....

Hey cool...
a house rule boosting cheerleaders...

especially as the CPLF have 10 cheerleaders... (so they can form a perfect pyrimid) but only 5 fans.

Pass me another Elf, Captain. This one's split.
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i like galak's house rule for cheerleaders, assistant coaches, and wizards. they have a chance of giving you special play cards. cheerleaders give random events, asst coaches give dirty tricks, and wizards give magic items. i don't remember the exact mechanics, but it's certainly not a common thing, and it brings just a TOUCH of the card randomness back to the game, without allowing them to take over.

Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I was always very sorry to see the cards go and I know they won't return, but agree Wes, it does sound good.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Fraggle Chris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fraggle Chris »

Card´s are gone and that´s good so.
It´s unfair to have played far better but always you try to get a TD there´s a mine, the ref doesn´t see something or someone manages with his mummy a pass to his other mummy a long bomb?

Ass. Coaches: For every two of them roll a d6. if you get a 6, you get one additional RR. Only one RR can be gained.

Cheerleaders: Seems cool to reroll the 1´s at the gate. I guess in the Blood Bowl world there are a quite real much of these macho´s who likes to see a good show.
But the other coach benefit from this as well. And Ass. Coaches are far more better this way. Make them 5K?

"First Comes BLOOD - Then Bowl!"
Coach of the Orka Flamez (NBBA)