The Medical Experiments

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

The Medical Experiments

Post by -tsk »

Planning on trying this out:

+ The Medical Experiments +

A team made up of the mutated living dead that where caused by chaotic scientists triyng to mix warpstone and medicine... Not a winning combination I might add...

For each new zombie roll 1D6:
1-2= -st
3-4= -ma
5-6= -av

Then roll for 1 random mutation. No other mutations can ever be gained. (Still working on the die roll. Can't remember how many mutations there are, and can't be bothered on checking it out now.)

Team roster:
16 "John Does" 800k (50k each) so that you would have 200k to spend on rerolls and stuff.

Is 50k too little or too much? Other suggestions are also welcome. I know this team is bad beyong belief, but the maim idea is just to have a few games and laughs...

KISS... how much simpler can you get than a zombie team? :D

Reason: ''
NDNE
[size=75]Skeleton blocking a Minotaur -> Three dice to Mino's advantage -> Three pows -> Badly hurt... "Respect my f-ing authority!!!"[/size]
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

Well... there are 12 mutations so you can roll a D12... or make one unavaible and make a 2D6 table - that way you can make some more likely than others....

And the "price" for the mutations appears to be a little excessive, to me...

Perhaps a table with the stats change (but some positive also) and a "roll for a mutation" result?!

But.... it isn't simplier to use the necromantic team?!

-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

I haven't tried the new Necromantic team (and don't think I will).

This was just an idea that I got from reading some Undead related posts and someone giving the advice of starting with a totally skeleton team... Which of course would be totally stupid, suicidal and maybe lots of fun!

Yeah, 50k with stat decrease and mutation is bit much. Maybe 40k or even a lowly 30k. Anyway, I'm gonna try this team out with a friend just to see how akward it really is.

I have one Undead team now and am planning on playing with a fully zombified "normal" Undead team just for the hell of it.

16 x Zombies - 480k
7 x rerolls - 490k (with ag 1 they need every last one!)
3 x fan factor - 30k
a total of 1000k

NDNE
[size=75]Skeleton blocking a Minotaur -> Three dice to Mino's advantage -> Three pows -> Badly hurt... "Respect my f-ing authority!!!"[/size]
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Good for you, like the sound of it. Let us know how you get on.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

The major problem is RRs being limited to one for team turn... :lol:

-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

The major problem is RRs being limited to one for team turn...
True. So very true its gonna hurt... :D

NDNE
Starblayde
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Starblayde »

Sir, you are quite, quite mad

"Damn them all, I want to use Zombies!"

Good luck, because you're gonna need it :D

[color=red]You'll Never Walk Alone[/color]

[url=http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=7b67icjf]Help me out with my latest MMORPG, Kings of Chaos![/url]
Hell, join me/in if you like that sort of thing
-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

Today is the day! The Medical Experiments are going to play Blood Bowl! I'll write about the game tomorrow or later this week so you can see how f-ed up they really are. I've been waiting for this for some time now...

Who knows, maybe they're even GOOD?
Oops, did I say that out loud? Damn.

NDNE
-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

As usual, the game never took place. We ended up not having enough time (there was other sh*t that hindered our pace) and had to call it off just after I made the mutation rolls, but I'll tell you how the game went when it takes place.

Random mutation roll: 2D8 with #16 a blank one as the zombies already have reg... and yes we're not using the most up to date rules...

The only thing I feel disappointed with is the fact that I now have about 3 big handed zombies and about 4 with razor sharp fangs. They were #8 and #9 on the list. Dull average rolls. Better do some randomizing to the mutation list and hope for more random rolls then 8 and 9 all the time... There are however 2 zombies with hypnotic gaze and 3 zombies with spikes and 1 with tentacles and 1 with prehensile tail... and a whole lot of ma 3 zombies... (and of course one zombie that got the av decrease and got spikes: a 40k regular zombie)

NDNE
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

-tsk wrote:The only thing I feel disappointed with is the fact that I now have about 3 big handed zombies and about 4 with razor sharp fangs. They were #8 and #9 on the list. Dull average rolls.

:o

That is about the BEST result you could pray for! Now these guys pick up the ball on a 2+ and you actually have a running game! Not to mention the pretty nifty "protection" 4 RSC zombies can offer.

Get the RSC's block and the Big Handers Sure Hands and off ya go.

-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

Yes yes, but I was hoping for a more random set of zombies. With +2? Are you sure? Didn't have the time to read what the mutations do, except for spikes. And hypnotic gaze is in my memory.

Now all we have to do is test them for something like 10 games to see how they develope and good/bad they are. After that, we'll decide with the league leader should we accept them as a team into the league. Hope so!

Maybe I've watched Bad Taste, Brain Dead and Night of the Living Dead (classic!) too many times?

NDNE
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

-tsk wrote:Yes yes, but I was hoping for a more random set of zombies. With +2? Are you sure? Didn't have the time to read what the mutations do, except for spikes.
Big Hand allows you to pick up the ball on a roll of 2+ without modifiers. No tacklezones, no weatherresult, no agility, nothing. Just a 2+. All the time.

I would love that skill on any team, but on an all AG2 team it's a godsend.

-tsk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by -tsk »

Seems like this is one more eternity-project. The head of our league hasn't got the time at the moment to play BB, as well as all the others, so it'll be a while 'til I get to test the team properly.

NDNE