(Goodness, Gracious, Great...) Balls of Chaos!

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

(Goodness, Gracious, Great...) Balls of Chaos!

Post by Ithilkir »

Inspired by my own 'Did you know?' (check General chat), I got the idea of balls of chaos! Well balls that have the mark of a chaos god on them rather. When you use a ball of Chaos in a game, it passes on special abilities to the ball carrier, the carrier will lose the abilities as soon as he loses possesion of the ball.

So here you are! The Balls of Chaos (untested and quickly written up)...

Ball of Khorne:
The carrier grows to a monstrous size and bellows with unholy rage, the player gains +1 ST, Frenzy and Wild Animal for as long as he holds the ball.

Ball of Nurgle:
This putrid ball is surrounded by flies, when the ball is held by a player his flesh starts to rot away and he grows obesely fat. The carrier gains Foul Appearance and Stand Firm.

Ball of Slaanesh:
If the ball is one tainted by Slaanesh, the carrier gains a Claw much like Slaanesh's Daemonettes and the power to transfix opponents with a captivating gaze, treat this as Hypnotic Gaze.

Ball of Tzeentch:
This ball is a swirling mass of colours, when the ball is held by a player, huge wings sprout from him and he gains the ability to change events in time. The ball carrier gains +AG, Leap and Pro

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Might be a nice house rule for an all chaos league.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
ScottyBoneman
Super Star
Super Star

Post by ScottyBoneman »

Darkson wrote:Might be a nice house rule for an all chaos league.
I was thinking that it might be cool for a special tournament, something Death Bowlish

[size=75]The ocean doesn't want me today.[/size]
ScottyBoneman
Super Star
Super Star

Re: (Goodness, Gracious, Great...) Balls of Chaos!

Post by ScottyBoneman »

Ithilkir wrote: Ball of Nurgle:
This putrid ball is surrounded by flies, when the ball is held by a player his flesh starts to rot away and he grows obesely fat. The carrier gains Foul Appearance and Stand Firm.
This might be cool if the ball itself had the FA so it is gained while carried, but rolled when trying to pick up.

Circular_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Circular_Logic »

Ithilkir wrote:Ball of Khorne:
The carrier grows to a monstrous size and bellows with unholy rage, the player gains +1 ST, Frenzy and Wild Animal for as long as he holds the ball.
Had you ever had a WA carry your ball? You have next to no chance, scoring, because your opponent just has to put one player next to your guy, to force you using your blitz or not advancing. Even if you use your blitz, he just has to put another player next to the first one (not next to the WA), to force a dodge. This way you can prevent scoring easily.

Früher hasste ich es zu Hochzeiten zu gehen. Tanten und großmütterliche Bekannte kamen zu mir, pieksten mich in die Seite, lachten und sagten:"Du bist der Nächste." Sie haben mit dem Scheiss aufgehört als ich anfing, auf Beerdigungen das gleiche zu tun.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

How about the ball having special abilities.

So

Ball of Nurgle - this putrid mass of something that may once have been leather is so repulsive that no one in their right mind wants to handle it.

All pickups and catches at -1.

I can't think of any more at the mo.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Chosen of Malal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chosen of Malal »

Me thinks we need more silly rules for stadiums, balls, fans, cheerleaders, between-game events and the like... Gif us bakk sekund edisjon!

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

ianwilliams wrote:How about the ball having special abilities.

So

Ball of Nurgle - this putrid mass of something that may once have been leather is so repulsive that no one in their right mind wants to handle it.

All pickups and catches at -1.

I can't think of any more at the mo.
-3 for elves :D

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
ScottyBoneman
Super Star
Super Star

Post by ScottyBoneman »

Chosen of Malal wrote:.....and the like... Gif us bakk sekund edisjon!
Chosen, you should put a location in your profile. If not, the end of your sentence looks like you had a seizure.

DanielLaw
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DanielLaw »

ScottyBoneman wrote:
Chosen, you should put a location in your profile. If not, the end of your sentence looks like you had a seizure.
"Give us back second edition"?

Like the ball ideas, though!
Certainly not "a load of old balls"!!! Ha ha ha...

sorry :oops:
Just...couldn't...stop...myself.

gaijin

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Circular_Logic wrote:
Ithilkir wrote:Ball of Khorne:
Had you ever had a WA carry your ball? You have next to no chance, scoring, because your opponent just has to put one player next to your guy, to force you using your blitz or not advancing. Even if you use your blitz, he just has to put another player next to the first one (not next to the WA), to force a dodge. This way you can prevent scoring easily.
That's exactly what I'd think a ball of Khorne should be like. You should not let something trivial like possesion of the ball stand between you and smacking some more opponents! :D

Chosen of Malal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chosen of Malal »

ScottyBoneman wrote:
how does a location in my profile change that?

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

This is a cool idea.

How about Nurgle as stated.

Khorne - something wacky about it draining the bloodlife from it's holder. Not sure

Slaanesh - -1 to throwing due to be entranced by it's beauty and not wanting to give it away

Tzeentch - When it scatters it could move randomly and widly to another part of the pitch like a throw in.

Good idea though

MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

How about these?

Khorne: This spiky ball wants carnage. In every turn where a player begins with the ball, the Blitz action must be used by that player. However, he has +1 ST and Mighty Blow for that Blitz.

Slaanesh: This is one beautiful ball. Before handing the ball off or throwing it, the player must roll a 4+ to avoid getting entranced by it's beauty and refuse to let go of it. The roll might be rerolled as normal. A failed roll is not a turnover, even though the pass or hand-off never took place.

Tzeentch: This ball has it's own ideas. Whenever a player tries to pick up or catch the ball, roll a D6 before the normal roll. On a 1-3 the ball immediately scatters, but after the scatter is resolved the active player may continue his turn. On a 6, the ball jumps into the hand of the player all by itself, and is automatically caught.

[color=#444444][size=75] FUMBBL ::[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2315]TBB Group[/url][/size][/color]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Khorne - any ball carrier has Frenzy.

Nurgle - all catches and pickups are at -1 due to the stench. Unless the player is a Nurgle Rotter or has Foul Appearance.

Tzeentch - the ball is a bit more "jumpy". The ball always bounces once more.

Slannesh - the ball is so alluring that you always get a free reroll on pickups or catches.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams