Very Simple XP/Aging Rules

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

An ideal ageing system would have an increasing probability of something happening to a player after each game HE plays...

However that would be ridiculous to keep track of and then after akll why should some players develop more quickly than others?

I think the current SPP system is OK actually - if a player gets good quickly (intensive training- action whatever) he runs a higher risk of crippling himself...

I just hate the word "ageing" it ought to be "fatigue" or something...

The ageing results are still cack - we have in-game niggle effects and peaking instead of stat decreases...

Out of interest my thrower got to his second skill, aged and got the "smashed hand" niggle. In our rules that means 1/6 games he will be unable to handle the ball - how appropriate :D

Reason: ''
http://www.geocities.com/noodle1978uk
NAF Member #2351
Bredin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bredin »

wolvendancer wrote:
Yes it does, separating out the stars of the team.
Unnecessary. It is completely obvious who the stars are - they are the ones that score the late TD, make the saving block, knock out the other guy's thrower. How do you know who the star is on a real football team without seeing their stat sheet?
Thats an easy one to answer:
The stars are the ones that do the most of the things that win games: score touchdowns, cause casualties, make passes...

Wy shouldnt the players making the plays get better faster than the guys who just run cover patterns and take hits?

Freedom costs money.
Time = money.
Invest the time to get free.
wolvendancer
Rookie
Rookie

!

Post by wolvendancer »

Bredin wrote: Wy shouldnt the players making the plays get better faster than the guys who just run cover patterns and take hits?
This buys into another fallacy - that 'running cover patterns and taking hits' doesn't take any skill, and that people don't get better at it as they do it. Try suggesting to an offensive lineman in American football that he has no skill - or try telling that to the pro teams, who are constantly scrambling for good linemen.

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

A more basic problem with this suggestion is that high armor players are more likely to live longer. Thus, in a long term league, high armor players are the ones likely to be highly skilled, while low armor players are likely to be replaced and fall behind.

I know this happens in the game currently, but you can throw passes and get touchdowns with new players to even up the SPP distribution currently. How long is a new Wood Elf lineman going to last if they can't get skills quickly? Doesn't this take away a bit of the coaching aspect of the game?

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
BastongeStranglers
Rookie
Rookie

What we have been up to

Post by BastongeStranglers »

I am co-comish on a new league that formed of 6 teams.

We set a season of 1 game against each of the other teams ( roughly a 5 week season ) with a plan play-off of the top four teams.

Assuming all went well, then you would have a total season of 5 to 7 games.

We debated to keep the existing system of experience or modify it. We chose to give every player that spends at least sets up once on the pitch a single SPP per game.

Other SPP points are awarded based on the standard conditions of doing stuff.

The reason was that we wanted to reward linemen for doing their job.

We wanted to have a final where there were players who had block or guard on their linemen. We wanted other players to develop skills and personality.

The TRR system allows you to still compare and handicap teams. All teams are allowed to develop.

Note: I would not recommend this system if you have people free to play as much as they want. This system works well when you have a small league where you are playing once a week and want to see teams progress.

They develop and get a good mix of skills. Aging catches up with those that have too many SPP. ( our unfortunate Lizardman coach though had three Sauri fail their first aging roll with repeated snake-eye rolls :lol: ).