Wiiiiiiiiiild Animal!!!

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Wiiiiiiiiiild Animal!!!

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Ok, I was a little disappointed with the new wild animal, and this newest one doesn't seem to make things much better in my opinion. I managed to get the local kids hooked in BB (much faster than I originally planned, for which I am grateful) but part of the hook was the utter meyhem and chaos on a football field. (Not so much to deserve the cards, though, they still like the strategy aspect of it.)

So I was thinking of house ruling Wild Animal to:

Wild Animal
This player has a nasty tendancy to get abit carried away during the match. They are unpredicable by nature, and as such before each match roll a d6 to determine how they behave.

On a roll of:

1-2 Wild Animals myst take thier actions first of all during a turn (they must be activated). If you take an action with another player before moving all Wild Animals, then your opponent can call you for illgal procedure exactly as if you had forgotten to move the Turn marker. In addition, if a standing Wild Animal is adjacent to a standing player from the opposing team then they must take either a block or blitz actoin and throw a block at an adjacent player. Last but not least, Wild Animals can never recieve assists when they Block or Foul; they are simply too out of control to help them out.

3-4 Wild Animals are extremely violent creatures. If you declare any action other than Block with a Wild Animal, roll a D6. On a roll of 1-3, the Wild Animal stands still and roars in rage instead, and the action is wasted. Note that the Wild Animal no longer has to move first and that he can now use assists.

5-6 Wild Animals are uncontrollable creatures that rarely do exactly what a coach wants of them. In fact, just about all you can really rely on them to do is lash out at opposing players that move too close to them! To represent this, when you declare an action with a Wild Animal, roll a D6 adding +2 to the roll if taking a Block, Blitz or Foul action. On a roll of 1-3, the Wild Animal stands still and roars in rage instead, and the action is wasted. Note that the Wild Animal no longer has to move first and that he can now use assists. Also note that no dice roll is required for the Wild Animal to turn face-up when stunned.

You recognize all of them, but I just wanted to bring the meyhem back. In our league we already have a Rat ogre, but there is also two Norse teams, a chaos team, and a Chaos Dwarf team, so it could just be a matter of time before Minos start popping up.

Any thoughts?

Asperon Thorn

Reason: ''
Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Bifi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bifi »

It's too long and complicated (you don't have to include the fluff into all outcomes). I would go for something like:

Move first. (Because of the first outcome in the table below.)

Auto destun.

Before every action roll a d6 (+1 for every adjacent player of own team - goading, +2 if the declared action is block):
modified or unmodified 1 - Block a random adjacent player. If there's none, just stands (stands up) and roar. If stood up and blocked, the originally announced action is not wasted but Blitz for this team's turn is.
2-3 - Does nothing. Action is wasted.
4-6 - Action is carried on as normal.

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Well they make the roll before the game, so the table is only used once per game (And that is why the fluff is there). And the Wild Animal behaves like that the whole game. Wild Animals, being unpredictable like they are, may or may not behave the same way for the next game, though.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Bifi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bifi »

Yeah, now I see the logic, but that takes away a bit of the unpredictability.

My proposal means that the WA behaves relatively properly if at the start of the turn 2 of your players are standing next to him, although if it fails, it will most probably hurt one of yours (1 of 6). Nevertheless, it has interesting implications in strategy (like knocking your players next to your WA down by the opponent to make it less reliable, etc.). The "move first" rule is because of Blitz. On a roll of 1 the WA will stand up and block (thus making a Blitz). And it is quite unpredictable, but you are able to at least control that unpredictability.