present fumble sucks!!!

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fumbling after modifacition excluding range modifiers/skills modifiers

yes, good one!
35%
are you mad?!?
61%
OK, but...
3%

Total votes: 31

heinz6
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heinz6 »

Don't find the range penalty/increased fumble risk that unrealistic: If you are putting more power in the throw than you are able to control, the chances of fumbling should increase. That fits well with real life experience from Ultimate Frisbee (and I know it's a different sport, but i think the analogy holds in this case).

Reason: ''
A tree may be an airbreathing quantifier living on the bottom of the sea on a diet of logic textbooks.
DarkHorse
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DarkHorse »

Here's a probably stupid idea:

I think that a fumbled pass should only scatter the one square if you roll a natural one. A modified result of one could make the ball scatter like a bad kick or a throw in, 2d6. Maybe that could represent the ball getting tipped by a nearby defender or squirting out of the passer's hand and flying off in a random direction. At least this way the ball wouldn't always land at the feet of the rushing defenders, giving them what is usually an easy crack at the ball, and for doing nothing more than standing there.

Or maybe I'm just babbling.

Alesdair
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Alesdair »

Cute idea darkhorse, but it is just another rule to remember

Pass me another Elf, Captain. This one's split.