Star Players Rules

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joaquim

Star Players Rules

Post by Joaquim »

I've come with a new way for making Star Players :?: ... and would really like to know what you think about it...

Instead of making special Stars why not just buy players (line or position, any team..) with starting SPPs (or EXPerience, if you use the new rules), each SPP costing 5% (or even 10%) of original cost. To a max of doubling the original cost...
So if you want a really good human catcher you could spend 140k (instead of 70k) and receive one with 20 SPPs (or 10, if each = 10%), making the apropriate SP roll (s), but no ageing!...

I think this can be a good way of leveling (a little bit) the stunties teams (a halfling team can have a lot of SPs!...), taking SPs to the team roster and history (improving and ageing, that is)...

Reason: ''
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I like it! :lol: :lol:

I think 5% wil surfice, this will also help out rookie teams starting in an existing league. A human team could take 6 human lineman all armed with block for an additional 90,000GC's. That would be great! :lol:

I am pretty sure I am likly to get shouted down about this though by some of our more experienced members.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Thats not a bad idea actually :D
I think 5% per SPP. 10% would be far to much.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I think 10% is better - you have to make people pay through the nose for any advantage otherwise everyone will take players with 6 Spps - that 1st skill is critical for many players.

On a human lineman you'd be paying 15k or 30k for 6 spps - 15k is cheap for block - normally costed at ~20k.

Ian

Valen

Post by Valen »

On reflection, I agree Ian.

15K for Block is too cheap.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Welcome Joaquim to TBB

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Other questions

Post by gallowin »

ianwilliams wrote:On a human lineman you'd be paying 15k or 30k for 6 spps - 15k is cheap for block - normally costed at ~20k.
Would you levy a restriction on who can buy these players? An experienced team could be buying the same players. Would you let new teams buy players with SPP?

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

Under this system I think it should be allowed only for TR 100 teams, after that you're on your own... Basically it allows an extra degree of flexibility without being overpowered, I like it.

-Balrog

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Balrog wrote:Under this system I think it should be allowed only for TR 100 teams, after that you're on your own... Basically it allows an extra degree of flexibility without being overpowered, I like it.

-Balrog
Agree with Balrog. If only allowed for new teams and at 10% ... I think its a fun house rule. Beyond that I'd have to really think.

Galak

manusate
Veteran
Veteran

Post by manusate »

Agree with both Balrog and Galak. Nice house rule that way.

Valen

Post by Valen »

I think, it should definatley only be available to new teams. :lol:

Joaquim

Thank you...

Post by Joaquim »

Actually when I first posted I was thinking more of something like Manchester United buying Hugo Viana than new teams (well, in new teams I was thinking more of stunties, wich with these rules can have almost 16 «good» players...)...

But I'm not a experienced player... but now that our small league is in round 5 I can start to see why only new teams should be allowed these players....

And I was also thinking these could replace Star PLayers.... but.... well, I guess we still them to have some «weird» skills - those wich you won't pick as 1st (or 2nd) choice... about these I only feel they could be «downgraded» (or aged, with the EXP rules) and become roster players... «most» of them, anyway...