Attempting to put together an Expanded Kick-Off table.

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Casting another "Raise the Thread"-spell today, he copies his suggestion from General chat into a more relevant thread:

Making one-turn TD's possible for each and every team by changing the description of quick snap. This could perhaps find a place amongst the new kick-off table suggestions?

Quick Snap
The receiving team can either move their every player by one square (the old QuickSnap)

OR they can:

Plce one of their players to the opponents side of the field to a square from which he can reach the EZ by using his entire movement and any GFI's allowed.

This simulates the situation where one of the receiving teams players notices a hole in the defense, runs for it before the play has started and manages to get far enough to be able to score in the first turn. The faster the player, the shorter is the distance you gain, and vice versa.

So there you go, a 5/36 chance of being able to attempt a 1-turner. You'd still have to pick up the ball and get it to the player who's on the run, but it's a possibility still...

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

gah! my eyes! the pain!

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

to be a little less trite, and to beat a dead horse... you';d be better served in the long run to reduce the possibility of the kickoff table changing the outcome of the game... do youreally want all of these results where the decising instant of a game is a kickoff table roll? how are you going to feel when this hurts you? are you going to think it was a good idea then?

i still favor changing the kickoff tables to lessen their impact... make them fun, minor effects that change the complexion of the game, but not sweeping rules that change the outcome of it...

and don't use kickoffs at all in tournaments...

let the coaches decide the game, not the tables.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Sorry 'bout your eyes, Lucien :wink:

It was just an idea - an idea that the random side of the "random & bizarre vs. straight tactical" - scale (see gallowins post above) would perhaps like. I personally belong to the straight tactical-side of the spectrum, and I'm not keen on introducing anything like that, but I thought I'd share it for the random&bizarre-people to use.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

don't encourage them.... they're a danger to themselves and others :P