Kicking points....

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joaquim

Kicking points....

Post by Joaquim »

I'm think of making a special cup to try the Kicking rule...
I really want to try it, because I feel I don't like it, but I want to be able to say that I don't like (or admit that I like....)

One thing that annoys me is the scoring... I think we will keep forgetting it, making corrections if a kick is scored....

I was thinking that after a Field Kick is scored you roll a d6, on 1 or 2 you just didn't score, and everything would worth 1 point....
I don't know about american football, but in rugby the goal is a huge H, and to score the ball needs to go over the bar - so this rule makes some sense...
On the other hand, I guess keeping the score with points isn't so hard after all.... and perhaps this would make fields kicks very dice dependent...

What do you think?!

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I think if you are going to try the kicking rules, just use new revised rules by Chet as is.

Revised kicking rules:
http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/MBBL_Kicking.html

New rosters:
http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/MBBL_GWRosters.html

What you are going to find is that a field goal is scored by either team in only 3 out of every 10 games. IE its a great additional tactic but it is still not going to take the place of TDs.

Try the rules as is ... I don't think you'll have a problem.

Galak

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

But the fact remains that many people don't like the changed scoring system.
I'd like FG's to be worth one point like TD's, and if that'd make FG's too frequent, the mechanic suggested by Joaquim above sounds like a good fix.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

From what I remember in 2ed, FGs were worth .5! Yes, half a point. FGs should be worth half the value of an unconverted TD, if we are using NA football as a model. I think the most problem people have with the scoring in the kicking rules is that it's too close to the points off a TD. Maybe bump TDs up to 4 points, but then there will be those who don't like this either or say, "what the h***, why not 6 points for a TD and 3 for a FG...."

GO STAMPEDERS!
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

"what the h***, why not 6 points for a TD and 3 for a FG...."
Well, because that will be the same as 2 & 1... :)

Actually I don't think that anybody who knows, even the basics, how to play BB have a so hard time with a points system score...

Of course that one can change the scoring to suit his feelings/tastes or hard studing findings... or change the "over the bar" roll...

If this goes on I will be "studing" rugby and NA football - just to give more fundamented opinions on BB rules.... :o