Suggestion for a "shorter game" variant

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I just played dwarfs with my choas dwarfs and they scored in 4 turns, then again so did i, then i won but thats not the point.

Reason: ''
CeleTheRef
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CeleTheRef »

I found my notes!

pitch is 18 x 10 instead of 26 x 15

wide zones are three squares wide.

12 players on the roster, 8 players on the pitch.

MA:
original --> new

1; 2 = 1
3 = 2
4; 5 = 3
6 = 4
7; 8 = 5
9 = 6

so a MA 6 human becomes MA 4 in this version.

Go For It limited to 1 per player. Getting up costs 2 MA

Passing ranges are three:

SHORT 1 to 3 squares. gives +1 to the throw roll and scatters 1 square if not accurate.

MEDIUM 4 to 6 squares. gives 0 to the throw roll and scatters 2 squares if not accurate.

LONG 7 to 8 squares. gives -1 to the throw roll and scatters 3 squares if not accurate.

also other rules and skill descriptions got changed, but I made that before 4th edition. I'll have to rewrite some skills.

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref, making people argue since 1997
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

Just to remember that you can allways put time pressure in it.... if you want to play a BB game in 1.5 hours... well, then each turn should be done in 2.5 minutes... and you have 10 for mid turn, and oposing coach action....

I really would like to see a game with 1.5 or 2 minutes limit per turn... just think fast!! :D

There, of course, the rule "piece touched, piece played" makes sense in the spirit of the game...

But, I'm afraid this will prove to favour the passing teams - these only have to move forward 1 or 2 players... dwarfs should have more dificult times, I guess....

Anyway... I think I should get 2... how do you call those sand and glass things in english?... well, you know, just to try....