A Trait to counter Tackle

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I've see lots of recommendation for going for more longbeards than you are suggesting. One lineup I'd consider is 2 blitzers, 2 runners and 7 longbeards. There's a lot of Block in there and considerable Tackle.

Martyn

Reason: ''
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I always put a longbeard in each wide zone myself.
(my starting lineup is 2 of each position, five longbeards 3 rerolls and 3 fan factor.)

The trick for amazons is to use the superior overall Agility and movement against the dwarfs. You need to make the tackle zones you dodge out of the right ones. Take a block from a Blitzer rather than a longbeard if you can. You should have fun dragging Trollslayers out of the way too.

Of course, there's a lot that rests on exactly how the dice fall and the adjustments that you make to those rolls. After all, the teams are supposedly balanced, so you're never going to find a sure fire method cos that would be broken.

ANyway, enough of this cavorting with the enemy.
(Stunty and proud of it.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Interesting how many people think tackle is not a good skill. However, I think this thread is a perfect example of how you can impress an opponent mentally with a 'deadly' skill and (if you are lucky) use it to your advantage. If you have a defender with tackle and one without, offensive players with dodge with surely tend to end closer to the defender without tackle. Now, this might be what you want them to do :D.

If we are discussing skills, think of another defender having passblock also standing on the side of the field where the defender without tackle 'attracts' the dodgers! :o

Even with tackle you still would have to blitz the dodger and knock them over, penetrate their armor etc...surely not that deadly. However, once your beloved gutter runner is dead, you will fear tackle even more than you do right now, won't you?? :o :o

So tackle might not be that powerful compared to block or dodge and won't help you against players without dodge, but I don't think this skill is that useless.

Sputnik

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Never said it was useless, but it's clearly inferior to dodge (even you admit that) and that's the point.