Wild Animal House Rule

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I could see the "opt out" option but I would give it the 'must roll a 2+' clause.

If the coach wants to not use the Wild Animal he has to tell the big guy to "Settle yer arse down!" TO do so he rolls a D6. On a 2+ the Wild Animal gets ahold of himself and can take no action. If he rolls a 1 then the Wild Animal goes wild and throws a block on an opponent in his tackle zone.

Reason: ''
Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Icedman wrote:From what you're saying, it sounds far more like your PBeM opponent is using him well, or you're not quite playing your Elves the way you should. Avoid the RO, if he's that much of a problem; its what happenned to my Mino. Feed him a gimp, as Shasta said; its what we do to BG's around here.
Yeah, I'm probably not playing my elves well - I'm playing Robert Arnholm, whose website many of you may have visited for tactics and who is a very good coach as far as I can tell. There is a difference between Minos and Rat Ogres though - Prehensile Tail. It would be easier for my elves to keep away from him if they only had to roll 2+. Needing 3+ and not being able to use Dodge means I fail lots of the time (and have suffered one BH and one KO while doing so). I switched to the "gimp" tactic... using a line-elf with Block to suffer the wrath of the rat ogre and leaving the rest of my guys to deal with the other rats. Oh yeah, I'm now 2-0 down with 6 turns of the match left.

Cheers,
Martyn

Icedman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Icedman »

Too true, too true, I forgot the Prehensile tail thing... BTW, where is this guy's site? I may have seen it b4, but don't know it by his name.

PS: The prehensile tail makes your bloody elves just like REAL ppl when they decide to dodge away :D :P

"Probability is a hideous bitch-goddess and doing the math will just make her angry" - BoB

[url=http://www.geocities.com/the_doormatt/Games/BloodBowl/BBIndex.html]My league website[/url]
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Icedman wrote:BTW, where is this guy's site? I may have seen it b4, but don't know it by his name.
http://www.df.lth.se/~arnholm/blood/

It's the first site you get if you put arnholm and blood bowl into Google.
PS: The prehensile tail makes your bloody elves just like REAL ppl when they decide to dodge away :D :P
Yeah, expensive cannon fodder in other words.

Martyn

franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

Choosing not to use the WA is a good idead, but where's the wild in that???
I'd also like the rules for WA to be changed, and I agree, there's almost no reason for taking a WA player. It's just too big a risk...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

martynq,

Just a quick Q.

While the RO was getting the SPP's for Block and Tackle, did your platyers get any advances that'll help you?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Darkson wrote:While the RO was getting the SPP's for Block and Tackle, did your platyers get any advances that'll help you?
Not ones that will help avoid or deal with this rat ogre. My MBBL team has a few players with Block, a few with Dodge, one guy with Guard, one guy with Leader, and a blitzer with Nerves of Steel.

Oh yeah, I'm just crap at this game. (See MBBL round 3 thread for details!)

Martyn

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I wholeheartedly agree with Marcus. WA is by far the worst negatrait because it takes away the coach's ability to prioritize their actions in order of risk. I would rather have a WA mimic the Treeman's Take Root negatrait and risk having him miss the first half of the game than play with the current incarnation on my roster.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Oh yeah, I'm just crap at this game. (See MBBL round 3 thread for details!)
Wait until i describe my latest round 3 mbbl game, 12-0. My pick up score was 1 for 6. Once the wounds are no longer bleeding i will detail in the mbbl thread.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.