blitz result

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

The defense is at the disadvantage ... if defense had the advantage, folks would ask to kick in Overtime ... never seen this happen myself in all my years of BB.
It all goes down to the fact that offence can choose their course of action while defence has to react to the offensive maneuvers. Statistically speaking I'd say that offence has the higher odds of success than defence. I don't have any evidence here, and some people have claimed the contrary, but this is the general trend in my opinion. Especially between two evenly matched coaches, and when the other team hasn't been developed to be a very defensive team.

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Mestari,
yeah - offense has the advantage, which IMO means that it is "bad" that the advantage can swing quite profoundly with a single roll on the kick off table.

I'd like to see Perfect Defense and Blitz toned down (not removed).

With 3 players bound to not act on the line, the results would be less devastating, but still quite powerful.
IMO :)
Martin

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Well, I really can't argue with that. You'd like it that way, I like it this way.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Mestari wrote:Blitz turns can be devastating, yes, but I think they have their place in the way that a coach cannot simply overlook the situation that what if the defence moves first... Overcommit your offence to pure offence and a well-placed blitz turn ruins your drive. Commit your players a bit more conservatively, and a blitz turn won't be a complete catastrophe and can be recovered from.
In a similar train of thought, I always set up my elves on defense 2 spots off the line instead of one(except the 3 on the line of course), in case the opponent rolls a quick snap. You just have to acknowledge the possibility and take a few steps to minimize the damage. If you don't then you deserve to be screwed when it happens.