Apothecary for Ghouls? Anybody do this?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Artificial Penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Apothecary for Ghouls? Anybody do this?

Post by Artificial Penguin »

Any leagues allow Undead to buy an Apothecary for their Ghouls only? Please explain why and why not you would/wouldn't...

Reason: ''
I'm a bubble in a sound wave
A sonic push for energy
Exploding like the sun
A flash of clean light hope

For Blood Bowl in Seattle, check out the Game Wizard in Ballard (www.game-wizard.com).
Hox-ii
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hox-ii »

We don't, because that's one of the disadvantages of being the undead. With 90% of your players being able to just regenerate anyway without the use of the apothecary, an apothecary to save those few ghouls would tip the "save on injuries" balance in favor of the undead. Sure, regenerate isn't as successful, but you can use it anytime a player is hurt, not just once a match.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Well seeing as you get 4 ghouls and everyone else has regeneration I think it's a bad idea.

The undead also have the ability to gain players for free. This advantage is why they don't get apothecaries. If you are going to give them one I think you should take 'regeneration' and 'raise dead' away from them, otherwise you're asking for trouble.

What i would do is allow them apothecaries and have the freebooted wizard do the Necromancer stuff. So instead of getting a normal wizard they would get Regeneration and Raise Dead for one game.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Apothecary for Ghouls? Anybody do this?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Artificial Penguin wrote:Any leagues allow Undead to buy an Apothecary for their Ghouls only? Please explain why and why not you would/wouldn't...

One of my leagues allows personal apothecaries (even for Ghouls). IE you can buy an apothecary that only takes care of an individual player only (no one else) ... if that players dies or retire, his apothecary leaves with him.

The rule for purchase is simple .. no more than 3 on the team allowed. Purchase price is player cost + 20k per a skill the player has at the time of purchase. The cost is added to the players cost for TR purposes.

This is the only way I'd allow it in a league.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I agree with the majority no apoths on Undead teams.... period

Dave

los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

Nope no apo's on a undead team!!!!! They all have regenerate exept for the ghouls. An undead team is already hard to beat up , and if even there ghouls start returning to the field, no don't think that would be a good idea!!