One more time - replacing aging

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

One more time - replacing aging

Post by Mestari »

Seems like the BB community has gotten a new hobby of making up replacement rules for aging. Therefore I throw in yet another suggestion: this suggestion is for those commissioners who hold their leagues under an iron fist :wink:

Commissioners Grand Piano
---------------------------------
Aging rules are removed. Whenever the commissioner considers a player to be too good, or that a certain team should be toned down, he can drop grand pianos on that particular player or some of the teams players (acme anvils can also be used, depending on personal preferences).
This is represented in-game by the commissioner deciding to either drop one of their statistics, give them niggling injuries or by killing them. The commissioner can do this as many time as he wishes, but not during a game.

This way "aging" has exactly the effect that the commissioner wants it to have. Good, yes?

:wink: :lol:

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I cant remember when logic was this disturbing. :wink:

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Washing machines?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Do you have to make a roll to see if it s an anvil, a piano or a washing machine ? you got a table for that don t you ?? :lol:

Stop stalling, i ll stop one-turning !
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

So we've got aging, EXP, wear and tear, and now, the Mussolini proposal. Works for me.

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think if it more as bloody ritual slaughter to Nuffle in hopes of maintaining league cohesiveness and competitiveness. :smoking:

zeroalpha
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zeroalpha »

At least with the current rules you have a defnied listing of outcomes and so forth. With this suggestion its up to one person, how do they decide who is too powerful?
If we need a fix for ageing, we need a proper one, not a drop washing machines on powerful players fix.

RANT OVER, WE RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMAL SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

zeroalpha wrote:At least with the current rules you have a defnied listing of outcomes and so forth. With this suggestion its up to one person, how do they decide who is too powerful?
heheh...If I'm a commish, and I run a team in the league, I guarantee you I know who's too powerful....on my chief rival's team. :lol:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Take a pack of playing cards.
If the player played in the match turn over the top one.
If it's a black card, roll on the aging table.
If it's red 2-10 nothing happens.
Red king, you've been called up to the army/tribe/warband and immediately leave the team.
Red queen - paternity claim - miss D6 games whilst the teams lawyers buy off the lying whor.....sort out the matter :lol: .
Red jack - Ranald's Luck - roll D6 1-2 roll for aging, 3-4 nothing happens, 5-6 roll for skill.
Red Ace - roll for new skill (does not count towards those gained by SPP).

Joker - you forgot to remove them. For being such a fool your team is killed in a freak chariot and wagon pile up on a major dirt track. Game over. New team please.

These rules have been tested in over 3000 games and have been found to be totally fair on everyone :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

zeroalpha wrote:At least with the current rules you have a defnied listing of outcomes and so forth. With this suggestion its up to one person, how do they decide who is too powerful?
If we need a fix for ageing, we need a proper one, not a drop washing machines on powerful players fix.

RANT OVER, WE RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMAL SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING
Zeroalpha, the original post was a joke, not to be taken seriously. You do know sarcasm, right?

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Actually the dropped item suggestion is very bad, not very bloodbowlish. Here is my proposal. The Bloodthirster team, every league gets one. The team has 12-16 Bloodthirsters, depending on how bad the offending player(s) are. Play is continued until overpowered player/team concedes defeat or is off the pitch for the rest of the game.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I am very pleased with the positive feedback my suggestion has received. Unlike Zombie claims, my suggestion is dead serious. I would go as far as to claim that this is the omega of aging suggestions!

With the knowledge that the commissioner has the wisdom to pass right judgements (as shown by lawquoters comment), I feel secure with the knowledge that this rule will be the ultimate "aging" rule! When universally adopted, this will bring peace of mind to those who constantly worry about developing more balanced aging rules! Mental health services around the world shall save considerable amounts of money! Note that also other problems, such as "what to do with 1-turn scorers" are also automatically solved!

And contrary to what Sean claims, this is very bloodbowlish - after all, slapstick humour has always been an inseparable part of BB! Falling grand pianos, anvils and washing machines have for years yelled to be included in the game, and now that day is near! Prepare thyself!

Wait for my next profound and fundamental suggestion: ....hmmm... actually I can't think of any problem that couldn't be solved by "Commissioners grand pianos". But I can work upon request to provide you the ultimate solutions should you find more problems to solve!

:wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]