MVP vs Experience Rolls

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

can anybody fill me in. I started a little late looking at this. Can anyone please put in a link to a threat about what the rules has come to with this EXP. It sounds very interesting :o

Thanks...

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

manusate wrote:In my experience, coaches don´t mind if their players stop developing after a lot of games. They don´t even find that a forced retirement after a long career is a such bad thing. But they REALLY hate their players getting worse for a reason other than an injury on the pitch.
My last tabletop league lost half the coaches who quit after their best players peaked or wereh forced into retirement. That's why I personally can never support a system that forces a coach to retire a player.
Said so, I must add that ageing through EXP will have a different effect on players depending on their ability to score SPPs. This is the big con of the whole idea. I love the pros, though, but not sure if they weight enough to counterbalance that.
See I don't see this as a con at all. I've read probably a 100 emails and posts from coaches who hate the current aging system being linked to skill rolls with a passion. This system links aging with a player's age ... a great concept and one that is easy to come to grips with. Does this mean that there will be 7 skill players who haven't aged ... YUP! ... but isn't adding back a little of that to Blood Bowl okay. I think its fine. My experience with the handicap table in the MBBL2 is that the super star player gets targeted a HECK of a lot from the handicaps and frequently doesn't see play.

I personally don't see any cons to this system at all. That's just me. Heck if I had the time I'd add in the code to put this in the MBBL right away, but I'll wait until Season 3 ... hopefully by then it will have been published as experimental.

Galak

franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Now that Galak have filled me in, I have to come up with a little comment:
First of all I like this rule with EXP, and second: I like it.
But the third comment; I hate ageing, and I really do hate it. IMO the ageing table should look something like this:
2-7: nothing happens
8-9: miss next match
10-11: gain nigling
12: roll a D6:

1-2:-av
3-4:-ma
5:-ag
6:-st

I know that 7 is the most rolled with two dices and that's why nothing should happen on a roll of 7.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Frank ... completely too lenient.

We are talking about aging roll that don't happen for a player until he's played over 18 games.

Most leagues RESTART before 18 games. You don't need to soften the aging table here. It only effects long term teams and does so in a manner that is very appropriate.

Galak

franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

I see your point there Galak! I have just been sooooo unlucky with these agieng rolls, and do mean unlucky. That's why I'm a little bit frustrated about the ageing system.

Then the only thing I have left to say about this is I like the rules, now that Galak has pointed out my mistakes

One last thing. Has anybody playtested this yet?