Should anyond die on a GFI?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Remco »

Pariah, every player in a BB match is involved in some form of risk. The more risk you take with that player (like GFI), the more chance you have of getting him injured/killed. It's that way in many sports. I don't see many players getting injured on the bench in real life football, but on the pitch is another story. Especially when they try to push the limit!!

And for your arms as lifesavers, not many people know how to fall properly with a football in their arms, frantically running to the endzone when they are chased around the field by 11 screaming, bloodthirsty maniacs! :wink:

Reason: ''
Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Yeah but how many ball players die from pushing it to the limit? Not many.

At any rate, I deal with it. This topic is for us to state our opinions. I did. State yours but leave mine alone thank you. I didn't bring up the discussion.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I was the one who originally brought it up. Never said you shouldn't get hurt "pushing yourself to the limit", just not dying after falling down from tripping over your own feet. Seemed a little extreme, but most people seem OK with it and we all know the rule wont change.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

That's exactly how I feel about it Torg. I'm over it. It's a silly rule that the masses accept so I'm stuck with it.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

At least ,this is near of a 'natural death'.
Of course, i love that.

'Come on little boy, Go For It ( it is your lady death!!!!)'
:pissed:

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Ya know the other day tripped over the curb and there was broken glass in the street. I'm lucky I didn't die right there!

And just think; if I had been wearing some sort of protective armor? Eegadz! It would have been all over!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

The most funny fatality I have witnessed (well I didn't think it was that funny as it was my player :pissed: ) was when in a recent game between my Chaos team and a Human team.

I had already won the game 4-0 and it was my last turn. In my opponents turn 7, he ran all his players away so I could not hit them (Ihad already caused about 8 injuries :lol: ). Instead of just conceding that it was a good result, I foolishly decided to go for one last casuilty. So I ran forward my chaos warrior (who hadBlock, Dodge, Mighty Blow, andRazor Sharp Fangs), he needed two extra moves to hit the silly little lineman. I failed on the last.

In his last turn, he surrounded me and killed me with a foul :pissed: , he was sent off, but I don't think he was that botthered.

This still causes alot of amusement in my league :D .

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Pariah wrote:Ya know the other day tripped over the curb and there was broken glass in the street. I'm lucky I didn't die right there!

And just think; if I had been wearing some sort of protective armor? Eegadz! It would have been all over!
Yes, but you're not a futuristic rat-thing, trained by your clan as a master assassin, who decided to stop his lifetime of killing for a game of american football with a passing bunch of green skinned thugs.

I don't play bloodbowl for the realism. If I wanted realism I'd play world in flames.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Haar »

Speaking as somebody who has played games kind of like blood bowl (without the blood), such as american and australian football, ultimate frisbee, etc, you definitely can hurt yourself if you try to pour on the speed to make a play. You are running so fast, you don't have control anymore, you can wipe out and hurt yourself pretty easily. Add to it the death factor we see in Blood Bowl, and dying on a GFI makes perfect sense. The poor blighter stumbled, hit a gopher hole, whatever, and went headfirst into the dirt at 8 miles per hour. CRACK! There goes the vertebrae!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

what the f*** is Ultimate frisbee, and does it involve animals, sort of like extreme one man and his dog :o

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

LOL @ v_uk. I expect you've lost a lot of people with that 'One man and his Dog' reference! :wink:
And I was wondering about ulimate frisbee as well. Remember Tron? lol..

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Corlus
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Corlus »

Ultimate frisbee is somewhat like american football. It is played with a frisbee instead of a ball and you can only move if you DO NOT have the frisbee. This means you run around a lot until you catch it, then you must throw it before the entire opposing team removes your entrails. :(

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Ultimate Frisbee is what all the dot-com knobs around here play, I think it is a pathetic attempt at networking when you can't get a tee-off time. :roll:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

cool, this sounds a good thing to suggest for senior management team building exercises.

I can see it now, blood on the board room floor :evil: :lol: :evil:

As for one man and his dog; some of you may have kids and or soppy wimmen who saw the film "Babe", they can explain it to you.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Ultimate Frisbee kicks arse :)

American Football is a bad analogy - it's a damn sight more like Australian Rules Football in that you can pull down some screaming marks.

Once you play with a bunch of reasonably athletic people who can actually throw a frisbee you'll understand the appeal.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]