FF semi-natural 1s & 6s

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Grumbledook wrote:i think its fine as it is you can always get -mods and roll a 6
yeah but - mods only happen if you lose...why reward losing?

there aren't very many built in rewards for winning the game, why weaken this one?

Reason: ''
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MixX »

True, I think winning should be much more rewarding, eg an extra MVP or something, as it is now it only gives you +1 on the FF and Winnings rolls.. that's not enough IMO!!

WorkWork!
Orin
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Orin »

You could lose the natural 1 and keep the natural 6, although this would be the exception to the rule.

Okay, maybe FF will rocket to unprecedented hights, but at least a team winning with 2 TD's and 2 Cas won't go down in FF unless it already has a FF of 30+. (At least you'd get to be able to use the lower half of the winnings table for a change)

The truth of the BBRC 2004 finally hits home:
"What!? No more Dauntless Ogres!?"
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I think next seasson I will rule something like this:

If you have positive mods to the FF roll you can try to rerroll it. If you roll equal or less than your mod then you can... sure, this new result must be accepted!! :)
This way 1s can still do some damage... and if you get a +3 mod, and roll 2 you can try to rerroll it - but you know it will be 1!! :D

Now, the money roll actually almost ended with the DEs team in our league... 4 1s in a row it's too much... but I don't see any solution I like... something like 1+d5 looks.... well, I don't want to make 1s impossible to roll.... if that was my ideia I would simple state that rolls of 1 allways count as 2...
Anyone has some ideias?!

Orin
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Orin »

Joaquim wrote:Now, the money roll actually almost ended with the DEs team in our league... 4 1s in a row it's too much... but I don't see any solution I like... something like 1+d5 looks.... well, I don't want to make 1s impossible to roll.... if that was my ideia I would simple state that rolls of 1 allways count as 2...
Anyone has some ideias?!
Maybe both coaches can roll a die and both get half of the total score. At least both players will get the same amount of gold (not counting TR bonusses and the victory bonus).

I think making a one count as a two won't be that helpful. In your example, the DE team would have made only 40k more, which wouldn't even buy a line-elf.

The real problem isn't that the DE coach won so little, probably. With four matches, the team should still have won about 120,000. The problem is that the other coaches made a lot more!

Otherwise, maybe organize some sort of charity match or something. Or League-taxes. BB Communist-style!!! :?:

The truth of the BBRC 2004 finally hits home:
"What!? No more Dauntless Ogres!?"
Bifi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bifi »

I have proposed a changed FF roll rule under:
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=8236

You can consider also that one.

Bifi