Neoliminal's Incremental Go For Its

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Hmm...conversely, I think PGFIs could hinder the slower teams. If I'm coaching Dwarf, Orc etc. against a faster team, I tend to gfi quite a lot (at least if I have rerolls in hand) to compensate for lack of speed. Making the second gfi harder would effectively slow these teams further, at least in my hands! :P

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Toby

Post by Toby »

Its all about dead turns, right ?
And its about scoring - scoring in one turn - or better, scoring with only one turn to go.

So what about this: the half - or game- ends when a turnover occurs, a touchdown is scored or the ball goes out of bounds.

I try to explain. Coach A has finished turn 8 of the first half. Coach B is now in turn 8. Unless the moving (attacking, receiving) team suffers a turnover, scores a touchdown or the ball goes into the crowd. The game goes on -the turn marker freezed at 8- If that happens, the reffere blows the halftime whistle.

This could be called "extra time" and allows the moving team to try to finish their drive. Idea ?

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

This could be called "extra time" and allows the moving team to try to finish their drive
Interesting idea. Might be a bit biased towards slow teams though, but it would be interesting to have it playtested in a controlled league/tournament to see how it plays out.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,

I said:
>>Can I just say that I do very much like the "brick wall" of counting
>>squares.

To which John said:
>So you'd like to see GFI's removed altogether?

Using that logic, I guess what I'd really like to see is everybody having an MA of 0. Now that would be a brick wall :roll:

Thats not what I want. I want the potential of some go for its, but with a very clear limit to them.

A very similar example:
I like the range ruler. If you are lucky, you can throw very far, but their is a limit. I wouldn't like it if you could throw from endzone to endzone of you "just kept rolling high enough".

IMO, if you find that 1-turn scorers are a problem, don't give them to everybody.
I've got a simple fix that will remove a lot of the 1-turners from the game: Remove sprint skill!

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

In fact,
Tobys idea is interesting.
As are Chets kicking rules.

Martin :)

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Extra Time sounds interesting. I'd hate to see the sloggers who hold the ball intentionally until they wipe out the opposition, even if it takes 8 turns to do it, before strolling in for a TD. (Dwarfs, anyone?)

Other thoughts:

* Random Ending Time: After time has run out for both teams, the game ends on a TD, a turnover by the receiving team, or a D6 roll of 1-3. That means the game will end sooner rather than later.

* PGFI: Three squares for all players, kill Sprint as a skill, players can take the extra square on a 2+, 3+, 4+ progression. Sure Feet allows a re-roll as normal.

-Chet

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

:cry: I like Sprint skill.

I hope that the Star Players -- like Griff Oberwald -- would be changed if this rule is adopted.

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Acerak wrote: * PGFI: Three squares for all players, kill Sprint as a skill, players can take the extra square on a 2+, 3+, 4+ progression. Sure Feet allows a re-roll as normal.-Chet
Maybe instead of killing sprint, you could make it a +1 mod to all gfi rolls (tho a 1 still always fails), so it would be 2+, 2+, 3+, 4+, etc.

But I still don't like the idea in general. I think making it easier to score in 1 turn is a bad idea, esp. since we've taken away most of the ways to counter it (cards, wizards, etc)

Post by neoliminal »

I'll say this again:

This rule makes it HARDER to score in one turn.

You may go back to your normal rules debates.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I like the idea of game not necessarily ending after turn 8, but I was a bit hesitant because of the possibilities for misusing the system. Also, I don't like the idea of other team intentionally trying 6+ dodges or something to end the game. Therefore I'd remove the TO from causing the game to end.

Combining Tobys and Chets suggestions, I'd go for:

After the both teams have played their 8th turn, go through the following checklist after every turn:
The half/game ends if:
-A TD was scored
-1-3 is rolled on a d6

So you roll the first time after the kicking teams turn eight, and then after every turn.

Now the team that's winning doesn't have a possibility of ending the game by trying 6+ dodges or intentionally throwing the ball OOB.

This would hopefully add excitement to the ends of the halves or the game, but you really couldn't count on it because of the 4+ roll.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Trambi

Post by Trambi »

I prefer extra time rules than new GFI rules.

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Toby

Post by Toby »

We all are used to thinking of movement as a fixed "Range"
Neos Rule requires a diffrent approach...

Basic Movement 09 100.00%

GFI#1 (-0) Movement 10 83.33% (5/6)
GFI#2 (-1) Movement 11 55.55% (5/6*4/6)
GFI#3 (-2) Movement 12 27.77% (5/6*4/6*3/6)
GFI#4 (-3) Movement 13 09.26% (5/6*4/6*3/6*2/6)
GFI#5 (-4) Movement 14 01.54% (5/6*4/6*3/6*2/6*1/6)
GFI#6 (-5) Movement 15 00.26% (5/6*4/6*3/6*2/6*1/6*1/6)

(A unmodified roll of 1 always fails, a unmodified roll of 6 always succeeds)

To reach square 11 the player needs 2,3,4,5,6
To reach square 12 the player needs 2,3,4,5,6
To reach square 13 the player needs 3,4,5,6
To reach square 14 the player needs 4,5,6
To reach square 15 the player needs 5,6
To reach square 16 the player needs 6

("Sprint" adds +1 to every Attempt to GFI)

In addition...

"Sure Feet" allows the player to re-roll one failed GFI
(This is beyond my math skill)

If a player fails to GFI he falls over in his starting square
A failed his armour roll always results in the player being stunned

Toby

Post by Toby »

Mestari wrote:Combining Tobys and Chets suggestions
After the kicking team completed Turn 8, the receiving teams coach may request extra time. Roll a D6. On a Roll of 1 The referee blows the Whistle and the Half Ends. On a roll of 2-5 the receiving Team may take one extra Team Turn. On a Roll of 6 the receiving team is allowed to take two extra turns.

If the receiving team produces a turnover, the half ends.
If any team scores a touchdown the half ends.
If the ball leaves the pitch, the half ends.

Edit: no this is not precise i try to find a better wording

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I don't like the idea of other team intentionally trying 6+ dodges or something to end the game.
Hmm.. Not quite how I read it.. I thought he meant that the game ends if the _attacking_ player fails something.. The defending team could fail all they want without the game ending... Sort of like a last desperate attempt at stopping the drive.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Toby

Post by Toby »

christer wrote:
I don't like the idea of other team intentionally trying 6+ dodges or something to end the game.
Hmm.. Not quite how I read it.. I thought he meant that the game ends if the _attacking_ player fails something.. The defending team could fail all they want without the game ending... Sort of like a last desperate attempt at stopping the drive.

-- Christer
exactly !