Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Narrow Tiers and Galaks Wish List

Post by legowarrior »

Ah, but the beauty of jump up is that a thrown halfling that ends up knocked down, can still jump up and make it's full movement, if it survived. Way cool. And if you are thrown next to somebody, you can jump up and block, so it's almost like a second blitz on the pitch.

Reason: ''
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

legowarrior wrote:Ah, but the beauty of jump up is that a thrown halfling that ends up knocked down, can still jump up and make it's full movement, if it survived. Way cool. And if you are thrown next to somebody, you can jump up and block, so it's almost like a second blitz on the pitch.
I agree completely in what you are saying. But I'm also adding that starting with a skill that requires you to survive an AV6 roll before you can use it makes is a bit useless. Flings need things that helps them avoid falling.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Afroman wrote:
legowarrior wrote:Ah, but the beauty of jump up is that a thrown halfling that ends up knocked down, can still jump up and make it's full movement, if it survived. Way cool. And if you are thrown next to somebody, you can jump up and block, so it's almost like a second blitz on the pitch.
I agree completely in what you are saying. But I'm also adding that starting with a skill that requires you to survive an AV6 roll before you can use it makes is a bit useless. Flings need things that helps them avoid falling.
The Av7 roll according to the changes. :D

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

As to changing Sure Feet, I'm not against it, but that wasn't proposed by Plasmoid. We could make a thread called "Ultimate discussion of Changes that we'd like in Blood Bowl" I guess.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

1) I prefer DB/Gal suggestion for PO. The chance that your player is prone leaving the other player fine as well can be a big decision during a game. More tough decisions in Blood Bowl is always a good thing.

2) Love the idea, fouling needs a boost.

3) Love the idea, Sneaky Git kinda sucks as is.

4) Have used this as a house rule in the past and think its great.

5) Excellent.

6) Excellent. Although I believe this should still be mentioned as a very tweakable component to the game.

7) Disagree. Concessions should be very highly penalized.

8 ) Disagree. Bring back zaaap!

Roster Changes:

Leave the stunties alone. They are getting a huge boost with the Right Stuff change. Ogres will get a cheaper Ogre which will help as well. The update to fouling rules will help them as well.

Humans - Agree with all changes, this should boost this team up. Make the blitzer 80K. Humans kinda suck as is.

Agree with the khemri changes, but might want to lower RR cost by 10k. Disagree with the vamp change. Make bites -1 to injury. Thick Skull shouldnt be a band aid skill.

I like the change to the Troll Slayer. There is far too much block on that team...

I am on the fence about the WD change and Mummy change. These seem unneeded to me at the moment. Wardancers are supposed to be the best positional in the game and Mummys are supposed to be hard hitting baddies.

Things that I think should have made it into LRB 6.0:

1) Sure Feet lets you reroll landing.

2) Players with Secret Weapon do not have to follow the minimum of 11 players on the pitch rule.

3) Ogre teams can field 12 players. As it is difficult to count all those snotlings.

uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Thoughts after my 1st test game

Post by uuni »

We tested today the Plasmoid rules with my friend and started our small test league with the rules. I decided to share some of my first feelings after the game.

My team was Vampires (4 vamp, 8 thrall, 4 rr) and the opponent was starting Skaven (4 GR, 2 BL, 1 TH, 4 Lino, 3RR, Apo). My vampires got to 12 starting players with one extra thrall versus LRB6 thanks to 60k RRs.

One thing I noted was that the +1 to fouling seemed to make a lot of difference when combined with AV7 teams and one man advantage in the bench. I could foul most of the time, as the guideline net AV of 5 was easier to reach: only one assist was needed to get there. There was 4 foul ejects and 4 foul cas in this game from my side.

The Thick Skull on the Thralls did not manifest itself as much as I expected. It should make the Thralls about 1,5 times more durable than before. Well, injury rolls vary always wildly. In this game, Thick Skull was triggered once.

I liked the game and the rule changes. Vampires were still a challenge to play, I lost it 2-1 by a GFI.

BTW, as a dedicated AV7 coach, I like the modified Piling On rule of +1 better than the alternative of no-modification PO rule. I think that it is good that there is a general counter to high AV as there is for Dodge. :-)

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Corvidius wrote:
Afroman wrote:
The Av7 roll according to the changes. :D
WTF?!?! AV7 on flings?!?! that's just unnatural! might aswell give them multiple block and guard as starting skills!

joke aside, point taken, AV7 is a HUGE step from AV6. It might actually be worth having JU as first skill.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Thanks all who have replied with feedback - not least Uuni, who actually tried some of it :D
I have not forgotten about this thread - but will write proper replies over the weekend, when I have a bit more time.

2 fairly random replies - to Glamdryn:
6) Excellent. Although I believe this should still be mentioned as a very tweakable component to the game.
Absolutely right.
I'll make it more clear that this is merely the 'suggested standard' - but leagues are welcome to fiddle as they see fit.
7) Disagree. Concessions should be very highly penalized.
?
It's the exact same penalty. You don't get your cash.
The change is that your rival isn't getting it either. Doubled winnings is a big deal.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

The penalty is that you just gave your opponent a butt-load of cash. My main reason for not conceding in this environment is usually I dont want to give my opponent such an advantage. Under the current concession ruleset, I believe a smart coach will never concede a match in a closed league. If you were to implement this house rule, its just one more reason for coaches to concede a match that they are losing.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Ah, but in a multiplayer league, you opponent gaining a butt load of cash just penalized everyone else, since their opponents didn't forfeit so they got payed the same amount.

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

Also in a multiplayer league, a forfeit screws your opponent out of spp. Basically players that want to forfiet willy-nilly are just bad. If you want to take away the bonus to the winning team, adjust the players permanently leaving the forfieting team to 31spp instead of 51.. that'll make em think twice.

uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

Hmm... I have not seen the random concessions so problematic, but I think the chosen path may be ok.

If one dabbles in to concessions, one could on the same remark fix the 2-man abuse somehow - it is currently a rules problem, and commishes have to house rule it if needed. A general solution would be nice.

The rules allow concession without penalty during the kick-off if you can only field 2 players. The abuse play goes like this: 1) Start a team and buy 11 players as normal, 2 of them your chosen stars. 2) Start a game, conceed if you wish. 3) In post game, fire all but the 2 chosen players. 4) Start a play. 5) Conceed on the starting kick-off for MVP and winnings. 6) Make skill rolls and repeat from 5.

The abuse allows you to create 2 "superplayers" in an environment that has unlimited amount of games available, for instance in online play ("Gold farming" etc). Also you get unlimited amounts of money with the abuse.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Not sure how that would work with the journeyman rule, uuni.

uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

dode74 wrote:Not sure how that would work with the journeyman rule, uuni.
Journeymen are not mandatory by the rules. I do not know how Cyanide handles the case, but FUMBBL has not implemented the 2-man conceeding rule.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

In SP Cyanide I've had a 2 man team set up against me for a drive so they don't seem to have the conceding rule (although I've never managed to totally clear the pitch for the start of a drive).