How many of you have house-ruled the new WA?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

How many of you have house-ruled the new WA?

Post by narkotic »

I feel annoyed by the new WA failure range of 1-3 on a D6 andconsider it an ill design somehow.

How many of you have houseruled the new WA? I mean, not completely new concepts but tweaked the neccessary rolls.

I was thinking of Block without roll and everything else (incl. Blitz) with a 3+,
or everything (incl. block/blitz) on a 3+,
or Blitz free but everything else (incl. Block) on a 3+ etc.

Reason: ''
brownk29
Rookie
Rookie

Post by brownk29 »

we're just sticking with the old one

MadLordAnarchy
Legend
Legend

Post by MadLordAnarchy »

I have house ruled out all the nega-traits. They're just not necessary in my league.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Suggested re-vision which Chet proposed on bloodbowl.net and I'm all in favor of:

2+ for WA to block, blitz, foul
4+ for WA to move, handoff, or pass

Rule change to go along with it ... going from stunned to prone is allowed without using an action (ie no nega trait rolls).

I'm currently hoping both of these items will be in the playtest vault soon after it goes live.

Galak

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

That seems most reasonable to me.

At least it does not make you pay $ for the wasted Mino's Horns and the Rat Ogre's MA and AG as it's under the current WA.

I'm in favour of that because it also brings the WA in line with Bonehead and Really Stupid, as I proposed earlier in a post when I suggested all Negatraits to become ?+ rolls for specific actions.

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

that should work fine! why not just vote now to change it....it really is messed up at the moment. This was a mistake anyway. If I remember the original rules review was that they would put the rules out in october/november then make official in February. We know bone head/really stupid work pretty good so just make the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in full support of this proposed idea.

Baron Ollie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Baron Ollie »

98% for me.

According to what Galak says is proposed, the new WA would be worse than bonehead but not quite as bad as really stupid. My question is, when BGs are priced, are certain negatraits worth more of a discount than others? If so, then WA should give a greater discount than Bonehead, but not as much as Really Stupid.

bite. me. nuffle.

Apprentice Blasphemer & Lightning Rod
NBA
->[i]Nuffle Hater since... 1994[/i]
Coach, Indivisibles, Maia, and Bloody Mummers: PBEMBBL
[b][url=http://www.hattrick.org]Hattrick[/url][/b] Addict :D - TBB Cup II Winner!
Sixpack595
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Sixpack595 »

MadLordAnarchy wrote:I have house ruled out all the nega-traits. They're just not necessary in my league.
Best solution I've heard so far.

If they insist on using negas I'd say Block/Blitz/roll over: no roll.
If not, the revised BBRC version mentioned by Galak would be tolerable. The last 2 versions were crap.

Coach better, cry less.
Bookman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bookman »

I wouldn't mind a return to the rule that allowed Big Guys to remove the nega-trait on a doubles roll, but maybe that's just me.

B

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

gken1 wrote:so just make the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bad precedent if we do that Ken.

Listen I don't like WA anymore than you and it was voted on before I joined the BBRC. But it WAS voted on by them ... it wasn't just a printing mistake like the less than 3 = win posting was. (By the way, we've begged Jake to show the LRB 3.0 to use before it goes live (something that's never happened with any of the material Andy has posted) and he's at this pointed agreed to do that ... should help avoid typos).

Anyway, the cycle is the BBRC makes rule changes only once a year. They've not broken this rule in the past, and I'm loath to suggest making an exception. With this community one exception would become the world's fastest slippery slope.

So just keep telling yourself ... 9 to 10 more months before it fixed and you'll be okay. (yes I know that sucks as an answer, but I think it really is for the best of the game overall).

Galak

DG_Slider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DG_Slider »

I agree with you Galak. Make one exception and everyone will use it to justify future changes. Just keep doing like you have been, and let us know what the BBRC has on the table as possible fixes. That allows a lot of us small leagues that change things through the course of our seasons to test these rules and give a small amount of feedback. I'm just glad to see everyone working to fix the small things, like WA. I think paying attention to all the details will help improve and make BB the best game out there.

-Slider

"Remember light travels faster then sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Galak - you are absolutely right. Stick to your guns on this one.

If you don't like it - well house rule it away.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Change Wild Animal to COFAB :)

No really, i think that'd work nicely.. Personally I'd either have this change or remove all negatraits from big guys and simply double the cost of them.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

@ Galak, I like your proposed change but remember Hand-Off is also an action. :lol: You know just to save on clarifications later.

Furelli.

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

yeah but I thought the way the original BBRC was to work was the rules come out in october get playtested until Jan/Feb the implemented fully into LRB. I thought this was to prevent anything like 4th edition from happening again. I think we have forgotten that. So Technically we are still in the grace period.

Ken