The Pacts

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

The Pacts

Post by Furelli »

I've just been reading my copy of BBMag #3 and have had a good look at the Pact teams. I have to say that in the majority I like them. However the Chaos pact is huge. I can see that it may not be overpowered but I would still like to see more pacts of less choice, for example:

Chaos Pact
0-12 Marauders
0-4 Beastmen
Allied teams: Chaos, Dark Elf, Skaven
Big Guys: Ogre, Minataur
Re-rolls: 70k

GreenSkins
0-12 Hobgoblins
0-4 Orc Linemen
Allied Teams: Orc, Goblin, Chaos Dwarf
Big Guys: Ogre, Troll
Re-rolls: 70k

Then I looked at the old world team. Dwarves playing with Elves, NEVER.
So....

Old World Pact
0-12 Human Linemen
0-4 Longbeards OR 0-4 High Line-elves
Allied Teams: Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Wood Elf
- Dwarves will never play with Elves AND vice versa
Big Guys: Ogre, Treeman
Re-Rolls: 70k

Furelli.

Reason: ''
Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Can't remember if I mentioned this before but now that we're heading towards a future where we have khemri and necrofrantics replacing the good old undead, then why not:

Preserve the current undead team as the "Undead Pact"-team?

EDIT:
And yes, definitely somebody invent a skaven/goblin pact team!

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

don't touch my undead damnit, add more if u want but leave my player to live in unrest

manusate
Veteran
Veteran

Post by manusate »

don't touch my undead damnit, add more if u want but leave my player to live in unrest
Don´t worry Grumbledook, we all agree with you here.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Not all of us ... sorry guys.

I actually don't mind the split of the Undead into 3 teams. Especially since I got permission to test a version of the Necro team in the MBBL test league that isn't the joke printed in BB Mag #3.

Hey I've had to watch three of my favorite races vanish from BB over time ... Half-Orc, Slann, and Werewolf ... it happens ... you get over it or house rule it ... but you'll survive.

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Not all of us ... sorry guys.

I actually don't mind the split of the Undead into 3 teams. Especially since I got permission to test a version of the Necro team in the MBBL test league that isn't the joke printed in BB Mag #3.

Galak

Hey, do you mind sharing this Necro team version you speak so highly of, I'm sure we are all interested in what it looks like.

I also liked the 2ed teams such as Slann and Werewolves, I wonder if some other teams might fade away as well. Since Chaos Dwarves aren't a part of WFB anymore, maybe the folks at GW might decide they don't belong in BB either (happened to Slann).

GO STAMPEDERS!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I have to say that now I have received my copy, I am happy to look at my 3ed Undead team TR250 and say that it is a necro team that will convert slowly.

The article allows you to retain the mummy's until they fail to regenerate, and once I have the money I will retire two skeletons for flesh Golems, which will be quite a mean front line.

A Werewolf with Catch can obviously be added later to compliment my 2-3 Ghouls two of whom have pass and one of whom is AG4 with Sure hands. Although I am a bit dubious about the "call your skellies, zombies with less rotting flesh" call, I will accept it and just assume that they all had an MA increase until they too fail to regenerate.

So all in all, converting the existing teams over time will IMHO give some Undead coaches with very competitive line-ups.

I'd be happy to keep them as is, but if JJ wants the change and doesn't mind it being done gradually I am in favour, although I would like to see what Tom's team looks like too.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Here are the teams that we are playtesting for Season 2 of the MBBL. Since we are testing new kicking rules (slightly changed from the 2002 Annual) every team now has 1 Kicker.

So mentally remove the one kicker if you want to get a feel for the team without kicking rules. Let me know what you think of this team. My Undead players have had a much easier time mentally accepting this roster than the one in BB Mag #3.

MBBL Season 2 test teams:
http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/MBBL_GWRosters.html

Galak

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

only two wights again? :o

that is a shame :(

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I think it looks good, will like to try both to compare, but I think Tom's looks better.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Galak u said u don't mind the split of the undead into 3 teams, thats page lists khemri and necromantic, did you mean just two, or will undead as we know it, stay as well?

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Ilike both Necromatic teams. I like the idea of an Undead pact when we have 3 tested and official undead teams. I think that the comments have been really good if a little off topic. I know my idea doesn't change the pacts much but I wouldn't mind some comments about my initial post.. even if they are just :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Furelli

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

And Galak is referring to three teams being Necro, Khemri and Vampire.

Furelli.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Split of the Undead...

Post by BigD »

Nope he didn't I'm afraid. The Vamps are back. They'll be BBMag4 when it gets here. Don't know when yet but we know they're coming. The boys are back in town! DOH!

BigD

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Oh right vampires cool.

I do like the necromantic team galak and whoever came up with, nice werewolf catcher killers there, golems providing muscle in the middle, but damnit i love having mummies on the team, the minis are great as well.

So then u got the khemri team with 4 mummies, yum yum. I don't really like the look of these mummys though, or the skeletons for that matter.

Doesn't matter too much though as I am on the verge of gettting a chaos dwarf team, which i worked out as £41+postage for a 16 player team. I remember getting my undead box team (12 players) for £10 back in the day, ouch.

Did i read corrently elsewhere that chaos dwarfs aren't in WHFB any more?

Grumbledook