New "Old" trait

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

New "Old" trait

Post by Darkson »

General Trait (may only be taken by players with the tackle skill)

Dirty Tacke: If the dodging player fails his doge roll the the tackling player may add +1 to AV roll OR Injury roll. Any Cas caused from tackles do count for SPP for this player.

This could give coaches a choice for their tacklers - MB for more chance to take the player out, but no SPP increase, or less chance of damage but a player who gets better.

I would add a line to both skills. "If a player has both MB and Dirty Tackle the coach must declare which he is using Before rolling the dice. Both skills cannot be used in conjuction"

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Moonsong
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Moonsong »

There's something I don't understand: how can one use MB on a failed dodge? The only times when MB can be used is when "...blocking or being blocked...". That's the reason why a failed dodge doesn't give XP, because if you dodge out of three opponents TZ and fail, you wouldn't know to whom assign the XPs.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Moonsong

[img]http://www.bluemax.com/animate/websitefAGIFdownloads/Flags/AllNations/G-N/italy_clr.gif[/img]NAF Italian Organiser
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, my fault, I'm getting my current ruleset confused. Ignore all references to MB :oops:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

I like it. A little bit powerful, but considering you need Tackle first, it's a good idea. There's nothing more fun for an orc to slam those elves to the ground.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

The skill suggestion is good, but:

There should be no exceptions that are caused by skills to the no-spp from failed dodges -thing.

The way I see it, it should be:

Dirty Tackle just gives +1 to armour or injury after failing a dodge.

If there's a casualty by a failed dodge, then the casualty is randomly assigned to one of the players tackling the player with the following rules:

1.Player gets hurt after being tackled
2.1 If there are "Dirty tacklers", give the SPP to one of them
2.2 If none were found, give the SPP to one of the "Tacklers" that's around
2.3 If there's not even tacklers around, give it to one of the players there.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
franck_le_grand
Veteran
Veteran

Post by franck_le_grand »

Mestari:
Good point, but it'll take a lot of time to randomly select who gets the SPP each time a player fails his dodge (I know it's not every time a player is injured). I agree that it should first of all be the one with dirty tackle that should get the SPP. But if there's no player with DT then why not nominate a player who made the tackle before rolling for AV.
If you forget, too bad.
I think that it's odd that you don't get the 2 SPP for tackling a player. After all it's a cas.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I like it, keep them coming.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

franck_le_grand wrote: But if there's no player with DT then why not nominate a player who made the tackle before rolling for AV.
Because most of the time nothing happens and then you'd just do lots of unnecessary work.
If somebody gets hurt, then the work isn't done in vain, even if it takes 3 more seconds to nominate which of the players gets it.

BTW: forgot one skill from the list:

Diving tackle players should get a priority too. If Diving Tackle was used then the casualty goes to him, regardless of what other players might be present.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi,
not to rain or your parade ;) but:

We have playtested a skill that does something similar for around 300 matches (or is it more.....).
The skill was not worth it, so we had to add something more.

Quite simply, players have way too little control over whether someone fails a dodge from their tacklezone. (Unlike a block where you are the active player).
I had a "dirty tackler" for around 45 games. It never gave him a single casualty.

Martin :)

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Probably why they got rid of the skill in the 3ed.

GO STAMPEDERS!