Ogres doubled for stunties...

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joaquim

Ogres doubled for stunties...

Post by Joaquim »

OK... I saw the rules FAQ... even if it was the only place I saw this rule...
But, my point is: why?!? I can see that stunties teams van be powerfull.... no, I can see that the ideia is making those teams more... colorfull - if it wasn't this rule every stunty team would have 2 Ogres... there wouldn't be trees and trolls in BB....
But, since these teams can have 2 bigs, why not just make a 2nd ogre cost double? or even 3x... or just say: you cann't have 2 ogres in the same team - unless you are in an all ogre team, of course... (not so sure... :lol: )

Well... I just love trolls - and I really didn't tought of buying a ogre for my Goblin team instead of a troll, but.... if one or 2 goblins are ate, bad luck...

Anyway, do you know if the TR question is selted? That is, if you buy a Ogre after all you write in the roster 120k or 240k? at least make it 120k!!! - that way you can think you're buying a handcap roll, not just wasting 120k... :D

Sorry for my english.... and I didn't know if this post should be here, or in the Rules one... but this looked more... open...

Joaquim

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

This is one of the items that will be clarified in the upcoming review.

Galak

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

It used to be a 3rd ed rule that Gobbos & 'lings paid double for ogres and star players. This was "missed out" in the LRB and, IIRC, JJ said that's the way to play it.

The official clarification is that Ogres do cost 240k and count for 24 points of TR.

IMO its silly, but there you go.

Ian

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

No, the official rule is that you pay 240k but write them down at 120k. If you were to buy a reroll after team creation, that's what would happen, and it doesn't say otherwise anywhere else, so there's no reason why it should work differently.

And JJ saying otherwise is irrelevant. It seems that he's been on drugs for the last 7 years or so, if you look back at all the contradictory and sometimes clearly wrong answers he has given over the years.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Zombie wrote:No, the official rule is that you pay 240k but write them down at 120k. If you were to buy a reroll after team creation, that's what would happen, and it doesn't say otherwise anywhere else, so there's no reason why it should work differently.

And JJ saying otherwise is irrelevant. It seems that he's been on drugs for the last 7 years or so, if you look back at all the contradictory and sometimes clearly wrong answers he has given over the years.
Nowhere in LRB does it say Ogres cost double. Therefore any BBRC member ruling that Ogres cost double and how they count against TR are equally valid.

Ian

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

It says so in the Star Players section, and is obviously meant to apply to normal big guys as well.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Zombie wrote:It says so in the Star Players section, and is obviously meant to apply to normal big guys as well.
I thought "obviously" and GW games were two mutually exclusive things? :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

And i thought that "intent of the rules" and "Jervis Johnson" went hand in hand.

Seriously, i agree that it should be clarified, but it would only be a clarification as the current rules already work that we if you just read into the rules a little.

BobbyDavro

Post by BobbyDavro »

Zombie wrote:It says so in the Star Players section, and is obviously meant to apply to normal big guys as well.
In the big guys section of the LRB, it does state:

"Therefore, Big Guys are now included in the game as ‘normal’ players. All of the rules that apply to other players apply to Big Guys also, except where specifically modified in the Big Guy rules that follow. "

To me that explicitly states that big guys are NOT treated as star players and cost what they cost. There is no mention that they cost double.

The section that you are referring to states:
"Halflings and Goblins must pay double the usual price as Star Players don’t like to play with them!"

This applies *only* to star players. Some confusion may arise from the next sentence in the rules:
"The notable exceptions to this are Treemen for Halflings and Trolls and Goblin Secret Weapons for Goblins."

However, to me that means that *Treemen Star Players* do not cost double, since it is referencing the previous sentence. It does not infer that all big guys cost double for halfling teams.