New Commissioner's Prospective House Rules

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tysonium
Rookie
Rookie

New Commissioner's Prospective House Rules

Post by Tysonium »

I've been chosen to run our new league, and was wondering if any house rules could be suggested for our use (if even necessary). I'm considering using the following:

1. Master Chef as Halfling coach

2. Alternate "Take Root" trait for Treemen

3. Advanced Team Apothecary

4. Cheerleaders allowing 1 Gate Reroll/Cheerleader

5. Musicians

6. Kicking rules (query: BBAnnual2002 states distance as AG+d6 and whole center endzone to kick through; MBBL test site has ST+d6 and middle 3 squares... which is correct?)

7. EXP rules (toying with alternate aging table to parallel injury table: 2-7 No Effect, 8-9 MNG, 10-12 WT (Wear'n'Tear: 1-2 Niggle, 3 AV-1, 4 MA-1, 5 AG-1, 6 ST-1), +1 to aging roll for each current Niggle)

8. MBBL team rosters (w/kickers and mod. Mummy)

9. Ass. coaches provide skill reroll on roll of 6

10. Dwarf Alchemist allows winnings roll of d8, d6; higher die roll is used to determine net winnings

Any comments on these? Anything else I ought to look at as possibilites? Am I making a big mistake with any of them? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

Tysonium

Reason: ''
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Whatever floats your boat, as long as your league is happy that's all that matters!

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Whatever suits you. You could toy around with Runesmith rules instead of using the useless Alchemists, though. You should be able to find threads on runesmiths from here - just use search.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

experimental rules are fine, even fun at times. But remember, if you ever plan on joining a sanctioned tournament or start a league at a local club. It makes it that much harder to compete in when you're used to playing with all the fluff.

grimfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grimfang »

its great to use SOME new rules.. but you are not trying to overhaul the ENTIRE game... try using only 2 or 3 new rules for a season.. if they work, keep them.. then add a couple more the next time.. You do not want to risk trying to run a season with a bunch of rules that you do not like.. its even worse if you decide to change a rule midseason (you will lose ALL credibility as a commisioner if you do that.)
good luck!

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I think you should try to keep it simple... or at least get all your house rules from one source....

Perhaps I would go for the MBBL rules... then any coach in your league can go to thier (MBBL) site and have a look at them.... wich makes it easier for you and them...

And I won't mix house rules on the same subject... I'm talking about EXP and W-T rules, sure... none of them were full tested, so I don't have any ideia how they will work together....

And if you need to change rules mid-seasson, as I did with the EXP rules (I only hear of them after my small league has started) it's not a big problem, just make sure everybody knows why (or even agree)...