blitz result

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

blitz result

Post by grotemuis »

after two throwing blitz for the second time in a row Istarted feeling sorry for my opponent. Maybe blitz is to good a result.
so here's my suggestion: Change whole teamturn to you can use 3, D4, D3, or D6 players in an extra turn before the other team.

Reason: ''
and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

i understand what you mean, but it doesn' happen that much usually. in 8 games, it only happened once to me.

Next time I win !!!
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

Yeah, but nevertheless shopuldn't it be changed to keep the game more interesting for both parties. His drive was in shambles and he could never recover. In don't see the sport in that.
g

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

I would prefer it changed so that you get one Blitz action to use with one player rather than a whole team turn.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

We talked about this version in my league:
3 players on the LOS are not allowed to take an action.

Similarly with Perfect Defense (also devastating):
3 players on the LOS must remain in their original positions.

Martin :)

grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

It's a start, but don't you think that in a blitz the persons on los will be the first to act!

marvin
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Why don't we just call it pussy bowl? Oohh, I'm sorry I knocked your player over and now you can't score. Let me take that back.

Blitz is supposed to mess up the guy's plan. Perfect defense is too. Get over it. This game needs a little changing but this isn't one of them.

Have fun!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Yea u dont see me crying over it in my Rabbl game do ya. The fact that your online and im not (relatively speaking) isnt the point :P . Snots is 100% blitzes happen deal with it and hope that next time u do it to him *mutters about that damn volante and his daisy eating elves*.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Blitz turns can be devastating, yes, but I think they have their place in the way that a coach cannot simply overlook the situation that what if the defence moves first... Overcommit your offence to pure offence and a well-placed blitz turn ruins your drive. Commit your players a bit more conservatively, and a blitz turn won't be a complete catastrophe and can be recovered from.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

The possibility of Blitz!

Post by Bevan »

Mestari wrote:Blitz turns can be devastating, yes, but I think they have their place in the way that a coach cannot simply overlook the situation that what if the defence moves first... Overcommit your offence to pure offence and a well-placed blitz turn ruins your drive. Commit your players a bit more conservatively, and a blitz turn won't be a complete catastrophe and can be recovered from.
I agree that the possibility that a Blitz result may occur is important. I always try to set up so that if a Blitz does happen it will be inconvenient but not devastating. So if it happens then maybe I'll take 3 turns to score rather than only 2. :lol:

If a Blitz (or perfect defence) could not occur then the attack can be set up much more strongly because nothing can go wrong. :roll:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I'm glad you guys are around. You've stated what I was thinking in much more lucid and gentle terms.

I just came off crass and uneducated. :oops:

Have fun!
Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

snotsngrots wrote: I just came off crass and uneducated. :oops:

As usual ;)

But i agree. the randomness of blitz is necesary.

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.
gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gallowin »

The other night my opponent starting going over the kick off table after 1 perfect defense & 2 blitz results in that game.

Although the chances of rolling a 4 or a 10 are less than rolling an 8 (Quick Snap), it did make me wonder why there are more defensive kick off results than offensive. I've also noted in the past two seasons that I score more on defense than offense.

Do you score more on defense than offense? Or is it just me?

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

gallowin wrote:The other night my opponent starting going over the kick off table after 1 perfect defense & 2 blitz results in that game.

Although the chances of rolling a 4 or a 10 are less than rolling an 8 (Quick Snap), it did make me wonder why there are more defensive kick off results than offensive. I've also noted in the past two seasons that I score more on defense than offense.

Do you score more on defense than offense? Or is it just me?
Actually, that is the exception normally. The defense is at the disadvantage ... if defense had the advantage, folks would ask to kick in Overtime ... never seen this happen myself in all my years of BB.

The Kick-off table favors the defense for this reason. I have zero problem with the Kickoff table myself or any of its results.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Radagast666
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radagast666 »

In our league, we thought that Blitz and Pitch Invasion we're too devastating. Now when we get the Blitz result, only one player may Blitz, and on a Pitch Invasion Result, only 1d3 person get hit.

We also made a completely new Kick-Off Result Table with a percentile dice and a lot of new situation. Sometimes a meteorites fall from the sky or a Berserk Trollslayer jump from the crowd to kick some players ass. What we changed the most is that they are less negatives result and more good one. We figured out that it's more fun to know who get a Lover in the Crowd than getting is team destroyed by an invasion.

The only true Bloodbowl player is the Dirty Player.