New teams in existing leagues....

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joaquim

New teams in existing leagues....

Post by Joaquim »

In our group there is a league and a cup... the cup is used to try new rules (like the kicking, and later playing in a hex field), and each coach is allowed 2 teams: one wich plays in the league and cup, and another wich only plays in the cup.

We should allow "free movement" between these teams from seasson to season. But I guess there will be some players enetering with new teams in the league, and I was thinking of the following rules:

New teams for the cup are standard TR100 teams. Teams wich only entered the cup last season may enter the league, if the coachs wants to (and the other quits or enter the cup).

New teams entering "directly" to the league should have a bonus, to make them more competive, I was thinking of this: these teams start with the TR of the worst team of last league minus 10%. And these teams may buy experienced players, paying 10% more than the original price for each SPP, to a maximum of 10 SPPs.

Do you think this will work fine?!
Thanks for your opinions!!

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

The other option is to have a newbie league where only new teams are allowed. Then at the end of season these teams may be moved into the main league. Then at least the SPPs & FF are gained naturally.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
dakkakhan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dakkakhan »

Well way back when we moved from the ruleset that shall not be named, I allowed coaches to restart their teams fresh with 1,060,000 or they could start it with 1,000,000 but could buy up to three of their players at positional cost (regardless of SPP's) to grandfather experieinced players in.

Since then, anyone starting a new team has been allowed to do so with a starting treasury of 1,060,000. The extra 60K was considered a good number since most teams would be able to buy an additional RR or Linemen type. It has worked out very well, and no one has complained that these rookie teams are too powrful.

Less work than computing 90% of the worst team in the league...etc.

dakkakhan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dakkakhan »

I should also mention that alot of people here didn't like the idea, but it has worked out for us, so to each his own. :smoking:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I should add that you need to do something. The handicap table does not compensate adequately for the TR differences. Too many of the results are really weak, while even the strong ones often only effect the 1st drive.

Instead of allowing coaches to choose the breakdown of their bonus TR maybe you should give them an amount of extra money and then some other mechanism for bonus skills.

One method is pick say 6 players, roll a skill for all of them. Then pick any 4 players (including the ones already with skills) and roll a skill for them, then pick 1 player (including ones with 1 or 2 skills) and roll a skill for him. Obviously alter the number of skill rolls based on the TR of your existing teams.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

our system is:
there is some minor tournament with a max of 180 tr allowed team.
And we have also a mini tournament with 4/6 beginners.
As this they will be up in TR and tactics when they will do the Major tournament.
And minors tournament are fun to try new races too.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I don't think we have enought players to make 2 leagues... well, but sure we can have a second league, with 1st league coachs, and TR 100 teams...

Meanwhile I was thinking... if we use the system of giving more money to new teams it should be something more like this:

(Worst existing team TR - 100) / 5

That way if worst team TR is 160 a new one will get 112... or 1,120,000... looks fair enought to me....

Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

We've got something very similar going on here. Each coach is allowed 3 teams, and can take one of them into official tournament, where they play for one of the trophies. At the same time, the minor league teams are allowed to play any other minor league team that will take up their challenge. We've incorporated several new teams into our league this way, and it works well as a long term strategy.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]