Undead team w/ non-undead ally - personal apothecary?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Artificial Penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Undead team w/ non-undead ally - personal apothecary?

Post by Artificial Penguin »

My league is just getting started and we had a draft. I'm playing Undead and was lucky enough to draft an Agility 4 Amazon Blitzer. Our commish is letting me buy her a personal Apothecary if I want for 50k, but my question to all of you is how should I handle this in my Team Rating?

1) Count the Apothecary as a full 5 points of TR (blech).
2) Count the Apothecary as 1 point of TR (since only 1 player can use it).
3) Don't count the Apothecary at all in my TR.

I'd prefer 2 or 3, but I'd like to hear some arguments for any of these, or other options, so I can't present a reasonable argument to my commisioner :D

Thanks

Reason: ''
I'm a bubble in a sound wave
A sonic push for energy
Exploding like the sun
A flash of clean light hope

For Blood Bowl in Seattle, check out the Game Wizard in Ballard (www.game-wizard.com).
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Have to say it would count as option #1.

What you really have to think about is how to use your apothecary. It could be argued that Your Amazon blitzer is the most valuable member of your team, since she has skills that are unlikely to be duplicated. The personal apothecary might even keep opposing coaches from targeting her when she is on the field. After the apothecary is used, do you want to take her off the field and hold her in reserve? Long term, that could be the better move, and I would think hard about exposing her to injury in anything but a playoff or championship game.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Artificial Penguin
Experienced
Experienced

Actually, Skummy, now that I think about it, #1 does make sense. Given that the Apothecary can only ever be used once in a game, it doesn't matter that I only have one person I can use it on. It still gives me the same protection.

I should mention that non-Undead teams in the league that drafted a few Undead players get to use their Regen skill as if they had a Necromancer for a coach. This makes sense to me, since it's part of the player's cost, but I'd like to know what you all think.

Thanks again...

A sonic push for energy
Exploding like the sun

For Blood Bowl in Seattle, check out the Game Wizard in Ballard (www.game-wizard.com).
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I think this is why we don't have ally rules. Too many variables and too many team weaknesses being circumvented by players that shouldn't be caught dead (pun) on teams they'd never play for.

Have fun!
Artificial Penguin
Experienced
Experienced

I agree that in general I don't like allies. I do, however, like the concept of a draft :) And when teams aren't all playing the same race, you will end up with the same issues you'd get with allies.

By the way, the most irritating use/abuse of the old ally rules I ran into was a Khemri team with a Gutterrunner. Just completely inane.

A sonic push for energy
Exploding like the sun

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Option #1 and consider yourself getting off cheap. In the MBBL2, that personal apothecary would cost you 90k and would have added 9 points to your TR.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Definitely option 1.

The only league i've ever seen that allowed personal apothecaries cost them at the player's cost, and they counted that way towards TR as well. It balanced them well, since they basically allowed that player to be brought back to the game, almost as if you had two of them. At only 50k instead of 90k for your amazon blitzer, you're already getting a pretty good deal, so stop complaining!