Big Guys chucking Wee Opponents

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Big Guys chucking Wee Opponents

Post by BadMrMojo »

Now I know this doesn't come up often, but thanks to the new Stunty Leeg at FUMBBL I'm thinking of how much fun it would be to toss your opponents across the field!

Here's the idea. You declare a pass action and move your Ogre up to your opponent's Gobbo (maybe any opponent with Stunty, rather than Right Stuff). The Gobbo gets a dodge roll to get away (maybe moves 1 step away, if possible). If the dodge fails, you pick your target square and heave ho. Usual rules apply for Always Hungry ( :?: ), fumbling the throw, landing, etc...

The idea is that your Mino (Minos on my Chaos Halfling team! :o ) can try to eat Snotlings rather than just hit them. Your Treeman gets sick on just knocking one Skink over at a time, so he grabs one and throws it downfield, obviously blowing his pass (thanks to 1 ag) and the skink scatters, hopefully right onto another skink.

Note: Needless to say, this is not really an idea about game balance, but rather just plain old fun. It's not intended to constant use and I will not go on a crusade to get it into the LRB 2.1 :lol: I just thought it had a good 'Gamera vs. Megalon' kind of feel to it.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

5 leagues that I know of use the rules for a Strength skill called Pitch Player that does just what you describe (one of the coaches in my league has a ST 7 Minotaur on his team with this skill currently):

Pitch Player (STRENGTH SKILL) - This skill allows a player to throw an opponent using the Throw TeamMate rules. However you must first roll to see if you snag the player to throw him. Make a Strength roll (ie an Agility roll using Strength instead of Agility as the stat) with the following modifiers:

+1 for each offensive assist you have (ie Blocking offensive assists)
-1 for each defensive assist the opponent has (ie Blocking defensive assists)
-x where x is the ST of the opponent
-1 if opponent has Block and you don't have Block
-1 if opponent has Dodge and you don't have Tackle
-1 if opponent has Side Step
-1 if opponent has Foul Appearance

An unmodified 1 means that the player attempting the Pitch Player has been knocked down and this will count as a turnover. Any other failed roll means nothing happened. A success means that the player may throw the opponent using the Throw TeamMate rules however the Landing roll will be done with a -2 modifier regardless of the result of the Throw TeamMate pass. Players suffering casualties from a Pitch Player play count for casualty SPPs (this includes if you eat the opponent).

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Can you not try to just throw them into the crowd?

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Grumbledook wrote:Can you not try to just throw them into the crowd?
Uh... yeah. I guess.
Aiming for the crowd just isn't something I thought of, I'm sad to admit. It just didn't seem quite as funny.

I think the thought of chucking the other guy's wee ones into each other just overshadowed logic for a moment. :lol:

I gotta say, Galak. I like your rule even better. Serves me right for not reading through all the house rules...

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Grumbledook wrote:Can you not try to just throw them into the crowd?
You can't even throw the ball into the crowd anymore in the LRB, so i guess that applies to throwing players as well.