Snotling-Rules for current Living Rulesbook ???

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

millimil
Rookie
Rookie

Snotling-Rules for current Living Rulesbook ???

Post by millimil »

Hi @all coaches out there,

has anyone suggestions or tested snotling team-rules under the current official rules ?
I wonder if they can take up to 4 trolls and the correct implementation of the "titchy" trait into the rules.

Can anyone help ? We (www.ebbl.de , german) play with the official rules and want to enhance our team-options in the league...

Thanx for your ideas/help,
:?:

Reason: ''
may your re-roll always a success,

millimil

;-)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, at the present, there are no "official" rules for Snotlings, and the Racial char. "Titchy" does not exist.

If you do a search, the was a discussion about them recently, and Galak's site, http://www.midgardbb.com/ , has the rules used by the MBBL PMeM league.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
millimil
Rookie
Rookie

thanx, but

Post by millimil »

thanx Darkson,

but i saw the discussion and the rules on the blood-bowl.net. I´ve playtested them and i think the snots are a little too weak with only max.16 and 4 trolls. In one of our test-games there wasn´t any snot on the pitch at half-time against a highelf team...

Any suggestions or additional ideas for the snots ?
IMO they should face up to 32 snots on the roaster again with up to 4 trolls. In our testgames "Really Stupid" was a big handicap for the snotling-team.

Greetings :?:

may your re-roll always a success,

millimil

;-)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: thanx, but

Post by Darkson »

millimil wrote:but i saw the discussion and the rules on the blood-bowl.net. I´ve playtested them and i think the snots are a little too weak with only max.16 and 4 trolls. In one of our test-games there wasn´t any snot on the pitch at half-time against a highelf team...
Sounds about right to me. IMO Snotlings should be having the tar beaten out of them, in fact, IMO all the Stunty/Titchy teams are too powerdful when compared to the fluff, but again, that's just my opinion.

And i think the latest team nly allows upto 16 players on the roster, the same as other teams, a combination of 0-16 snots and 0-4 Trolls.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

P.S. Is this the thread you read?

viewtopic.php?t=3748&highlight=snotlings

P.P.S. Why are Snotlings orange in my previous reply?

[Edit] And nows it's back to normal again :roll:

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

millimil wrote:thanx Darkson,

but i saw the discussion and the rules on the blood-bowl.net. I´ve playtested them and i think the snots are a little too weak with only max.16 and 4 trolls. In one of our test-games there wasn´t any snot on the pitch at half-time against a highelf team...

Any suggestions or additional ideas for the snots ?
IMO they should face up to 32 snots on the roaster again with up to 4 trolls. In our testgames "Really Stupid" was a big handicap for the snotling-team.

Greetings :?:
Trust me, they were grossely overpowered when they had that many. If you ask me, they're still too good now with only 16!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Darkson wrote:P.S. Is this the thread you read?

viewtopic.php?t=3748&highlight=snotlings

P.P.S. Why are Snotlings orange in my previous reply?

[Edit] And nows it's back to normal again :roll:
If you run a search it'll highlight the word you searched. Look at that link, the topic is 3748, &highlight=snotlings

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Zombie wrote:Trust me, they were grossely overpowered when they had that many. If you ask me, they're still too good now with only 16!
Zombie and I disagree on the power level of the MBBL2 version of the team. I personally think the team is as bad as it is supposed to be while still having flavour and being fun to play (ie I think the MBBL2 rules work). In fact, my MBBL2 team is a Snotling team .... haven't won yet; but I've come close.

Zombie and I both strongly agree that the 32 man version of this team was broken/too good ... no questions asked.

Oh and if the coach of the Snotling team lost 12 snotlings to injury by halftime; he wasn't playing the team right. Your opponent should only be able to blitz 1 Snotling a turn ... if he's blocking them ... you are doing something wrong.

And let's be real honest ... does a team that can have a full roster for 640k with 4 ST 5 players really need a power boost?

Galak

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Snotling-Rules for current Living Rulesbook ???

Post by BadMrMojo »

millimil wrote:has anyone suggestions or tested snotling team-rules under the current official rules ?
If you're looking for a solution using only LRB skills and traits, here's what we use in FUMBBL

0-3 Trolls 4519 100k (the usual skills)
1-16 Snotlings 4135 20k Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Two Heads (Agility)

The idea is that each Snotling player actually represents a small mob of the buggers. The 2 Heads (with Stunty) is the approximation of Titchy.

Regenerate and Thick skull combine with low AV to make them easy to hurt but it's still tough to get all the little guys. They're kinda like roaches. Unless you get them all, they keep coming back.

This has received a whopping few weeks (2? 3?) of testing, but seems good so far. I've played against them and found they were fun, if a little on the weak side, even with the Trolls.

The reason we use these stats is not because they're any better than the MBBL rules, but rather that the client program we use (SkiJunkie's JavaBBowl) has the rules hard coded, so we can only go by LRB skills and traits.

{edit: forgot the cost. Oops}

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Keep in mind that the Snot team in FUMBBL only plays against other "stunty" teams (gobbo's, flings). If that team was to go up against, oh lets say Orcs or Wood Elves, they would have their @sses handed to them :wink:

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Heh. Did I forget to mention that? :oops: